nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Does anyone know of a place in NYC that will do a conversion from a Razr to a Razr Maxx?

I know of one place that does it by mail but I need a place I can go to have it done while I wait because I can't go that long without a phone.

C2Cab95

Reaction score
So far there is only one known supplier for the conversion. You could purchase the kit and either do the conversion yourself, or find a reputable cell phone repair shop in your area to do it.

I have replaced the touch screens on two OG Droids (not all that easy with the two halves and the delicate ribbon between) and also the LCD screen on a Droid X. This is conversion seems to be more straight forward than either of those experiences.

Doing it yourself, or having a professional installation will still void your warranty.

mustangdroid

Reaction score
Buy a portable charger. They are cheaper, safer, compact and can charge other devices with it. I got one from ebay for $20 and Now I have battery for the whole day and I charge my headphones with it.

Agrajag

Reaction score
Buy a portable charger. They are cheaper, safer, compact and can charge other devices with it. I got one from ebay for $20 and Now I have battery for the whole day and I charge my headphones with it.

Why not get four and you'll be in heaven?

The point is that many of us do not want more things to carry around. Wallet, keys, phone. That's more than enough. Also carrying around another box just to charge my phone is a major hassle. Then there's the issue of charging. Now I charge my phone. Period. With this approach I need to charge the phone AND the charger and hope they're both done in timely fashion. Add to that the extra cable mess for charging both..... No thanks.

Having a bigger battery in the phone is much less intrusive for many of us.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Yeah i don't want to open the phone up myself i don't have enough confidence that I won't completely mess it up.

KZ_259

Reaction score
Yeah i don't want to open the phone up myself i don't have enough confidence that I won't completely mess it up.

oh, right. well, i'm sure places like bestbuy's geeksquard can do the work. i wouldnt have any idea what they charge, but i am pretty sure that will do it.

kijutsu

Reaction score
oh, right. well, i'm sure places like bestbuy's geeksquard can do the work. i wouldnt have any idea what they charge, but i am pretty sure that will do it.

I really doubt GeekSquad will do the work. Beyond that -- I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have them do any work on a device as delicate as a phone. The Squads around me are kinda... how to put this delicately... clumsy at best?

KZ_259

Reaction score
I really doubt GeekSquad will do the work. Beyond that -- I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have them do any work on a device as delicate as a phone. The Squads around me are kinda... how to put this delicately... clumsy at best?

i never used the geek squad and i assumed they worked on all electronics. i guess you're next best bet is to find someone on the board who is willing to do it but that will usually mean shipping the phone out and dont know how comfortable you would be with that. why not root the phone and freeze all the bloatware?

kijutsu

Reaction score
I work in IT -- I can't believe how many people come to me with their personal PCs that they've taken to GeekSquad and they've totally hosed it. Busted off connectors, totally screwed hard drive partitions etc. This is on fullsize towers. I can't even IMAGINE what they'd destroy in a phone with the microconnectors and whatnots.

KZ_259

Reaction score
I work in IT -- I can't believe how many people come to me with their personal PCs that they've taken to GeekSquad and they've totally hosed it. Busted off connectors, totally screwed hard drive partitions etc. This is on fullsize towers. I can't even IMAGINE what they'd destroy in a phone with the microconnectors and whatnots.

dude, this happens in every service category, ESPECIALLY with cars