Razr Maxx vs. Galaxy Nexus: GPS and outdoor visibility

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've also been having GPS issues lately, like it stops doing turn by turn navigation. The arrow stops moving, I then exit and restart for it to fix. I had to do this a few times today. I might do a factory reset and see if it helps.

I had internet issues on my DX1 last year where I had no internet. A factory reset fixed it. Its kinda odd issues like GPS and data connection have been popping up lately for the RAZR....

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Maybe your smart action set to bluetooth-gps is interfering with the gps. I can't be sure if this is correct rationale but if for some reason your bluetooth loses connectivity then it will shut down your gps then it has to wait for bluetooth connectivity again to start gps. I have been on many trips and never lose my gps signal. I might lose the map from google, which is a data loss but gps will still be tracking my position.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Maybe your smart action set to bluetooth-gps is interfering with the gps. I can't be sure if this is correct rationale but if for some reason your bluetooth loses connectivity then it will shut down your gps then it has to wait for bluetooth connectivity again to start gps. I have been on many trips and never lose my gps signal. I might lose the map from google, which is a data loss but gps will still be tracking my position.

Sadly I've already tried this with no success. Since my Bluetooth drops ALL THE TIME it was one of the first things I thought of.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If that is the case then your smart action is turning off your gps every time that happens. I don't use bluetooth much but maybe your bluetooth should not be disconnecting that much and the real problem may be faulty hardware.

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
If that is the case then your smart action is turning off your gps every time that happens. I don't use bluetooth much but maybe your bluetooth should not be disconnecting that much and the real problem may be faulty hardware.

As in, I tried disabling the smart action with no impact on the issue.

As for the Bluetooth its a pain in the ass. It has something to do with the hardware Nissan used in their vehicles prior to 2010. On android 2.1 it was fine but with froyo Google changed the Bluetooth stack and the drops started. Its a known issue based on the Google search results. Sadly it seems Nissan needs a firmware update and you can guess what the chances of that happening are.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Since I used to work for Nissan, I can tell you what the chances are lol. Have you called and asked your dealership service center about it?? Its been a few years since I worked for Nissan, so i wouldn't have any insiders info :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!