RAZR charging problem, battery meter out of whack

t0pher

Reaction score
Symptoms:
- Phone was plugged into stock moto charger all night, this morning only had 40% battery.
- Battery monitor list of processes is not the normal list of 5 entries that use battery - there's 1 item in the list and it flashes between smartactions and some .com.motorola app
- Phone has been powered off normally and using the vol- + pwr button method several times today, but battery use shows 3 days of history since last power on

ICS not rooted

Please help!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
This is a long shot but have you tried clearing the cache from recovery and seeing if that helps? I am not sure if the battery stats file is kept in cache, I would actually assume it is not.

I know on my rooted phone I can go in and delete it, though I know you are not rooted. If you want to try clearing the cache and seeing if that would help, and if not I am afraid you might have to do a factory data reset and that should fix it up.

Instructions on clearing your cache.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/217019-clearing-your-cache.html

Reaction score
I've had the same issue a couple of times since ICS. Both times a factory reset has fixed the issue but it's definitely not a long term solution.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OP
T

t0pher

Reaction score
So I turned the phone off and charged it overnight. Powered it up next morning and battery was full and the battery meter app list appears to be working normally.

Hopefully I avoided a full reset. We'll see...