Rant about DX

OP
galaxy80

galaxy80

Reaction score
I really don't want to have instability problems with my phone if I root. My phone will crash every once in a while, but fir the most part, it runs great. That's the only thing I'm scared of. I love the way I have it customized with Launcherpro and Widgetlocker. I have the other launcher adx or whatever it's called, but I haven't used it. I didn't realize that you cab only use 1 launcher at a time and I alrady had LP set up how I wanted. I tried homeswitcher, but I didn't like how every time I hit the home key it asked me which one I wanted

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Shad0www

Reaction score
Yeah you can always return to bone stock at anytime via a program, .sbf file, and a computer and then it'll be in fresh out of the box condition. Also netflix works with the newest .595 leak without any modification whatsoever.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
galaxy80

galaxy80

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks! I'm running 2.3.340.mb810.Verizon.en.us
Kernel - 2.6.32.9-g55626e1w30471...

Shad0www

Reaction score
I really don't want to have instability problems with my phone if I root. My phone will crash every once in a while, but fir the most part, it runs great. That's the only thing I'm scared of. I love the way I have it customized with Launcherpro and Widgetlocker. I have the other launcher adx or whatever it's called, but I haven't used it. I didn't realize that you cab only use 1 launcher at a time and I alrady had LP set up how I wanted. I tried homeswitcher, but I didn't like how every time I hit the home key it asked me which one I wanted

Once you root you can back up all your apps with an app called titanium backup then restore them when you flash your new rom and everything will be the same.

Also just FYI if you want to flash roms you'll need to buy the "droid x bootstrapper" from the market which allows you to flash roms.

If you want to flash liberty gingerbread then you'll need to buy the liberty toolbox from the market as its only available to people who bought the app. Trust me the app is worth it because the dev is amazing.

Another app worth buying if you really get into rooting is titanium backup pro from the market which makes the whole flashing and wipeing data a no brainer :)

EDIT: I've been running the .595 leak since the 5th and have had no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

Shad0www

Reaction score
Titanium actually backs up the data associated with the app along with the app. In other words when you restore with titanium it'll be in the exact same state it was when you backed up. With astro it just backs up the app so when you restore it'll be like installing the app for the first time.

Astro is a very good app that rooters make sure they have along with titanium, bootstrap, root explorer, Droid overclock, metamorph, and ninjamorph to name a few so I suggest holding on to it.

Sent from my DROIDX