range of 4g lte

matt192004

Reaction score
Yes Auburn alabama and Lagrange Georgia are getting 4g sometime this month and I live in Valley, Alabama which is 18 north of Auburn and 18 miles south of lagrange so i was wondering will Valley alabama get 4g at the time as auburn alabama and Lagrange get it? I have noticed several small cities have it that are close to a big city and verizon just lists the big city so I am just wondering ? thanks for answers.

kookk

Reaction score
I live 10 miles from a 4g area and have no coverage at my house.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
do you live in a big city? the thing is we live in a small city Auburn which is to the south of us and Lagrange which is to the north of us are both bigger cities than Valley so IM wondering is it possible we will get 4g when auburn and Lagrange do because we are close to both of them are will Valley get its on place on verizon cities list for 4g? how does verizon group towers like do the small city towers get signals from the nearest big city towers example does Valley get it big signal from the lagrange are auburn towers?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My best friend is a Network Development manager for Verizon Wireless and we had this exact conversation a few weeks ago and he said you need to be less then 3-4 miles from the tower to get LTE speeds. The actual range he said can be up to 15 miles but after the 4 mile mark expect 3G speeds.

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
Well I dont doubt that BUT why does some cities have it and are not listed as having it Troy Alabama has it and they are well over 15 miles away from Montgomery. We are sandwhiched between lagrange and auburn just north of auburn and south of lagrange. With us being a small city could we receive 4g speed from the lagrange are auburn 4g tower sites?
we are 19.7 miles north of lagrange
we are 28.8 miles south of auburn Alabama area

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
does anyone know what date this month are next Auburn, AL and Lagreange GA will get 4g turned on. I have read april the 19th but is this the right date are not?

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
ok when in 4g service area text messaging is faster downloading videos from metflix and youtube is a LOT faster than 3g plus the browser speed is a vast inprovement when using 4g compared with 3g.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok when in 4g service area text messaging is faster downloading videos from metflix and youtube is a LOT faster than 3g plus the browser speed is a vast inprovement when using 4g compared with 3g.

4G LTE doesn't affect text messaging.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score

well then if texts are not sent and receivied through the 3g are 4g part of the network how do they work?
and i understand verizon has a detailed map but I was wondering if anyone knew the date of the month 4g would be turned on?

ekf028

Reaction score

well then if texts are not sent and receivied through the 3g are 4g part of the network how do they work?
and i understand verizon has a detailed map but I was wondering if anyone knew the date of the month 4g would be turned on?

Texts are sent via the voice channels, not data. And please calm down :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am thinking mms download speed of pictures and video may be improved..

I heard 5miles before also. Down in a valley would greatly reduce the line of sight factor.

----posted maxx'ed out----