1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Random pictures showing up in my gallery

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by molloybe, Apr 2, 2010.

1. molloybe

molloybe New Member

Hope this hasn't been asked before (didn't come up with anything searching the forum). I've been finding random pictures showing up in my photo gallery over the last few days. Every afternoon, a collection of 4 or so pictures shows up in a "Featured" folder in my gallery. The only thing i can think of, is that (after updating to 2.1) i downloaded a random wallpaper app as a test (Mabilo) because i saw somebody mention that they couldn't download from the market after going 2.1. But i also uninstalled the app immediately.

Maybe if they were good wallpapers this wouldn't bother me...but they're not...they're pretty terrible.

Anybody else run into anything like this before?
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

That's where they're coming from. (Mabilo). Can't say why you're still getting them after uninstalling, but you might try looking to see if you have any other "wallpaper" apps that you don't recognize. (Mabilo has a way of spawning additional sources of "wallpapers," I noticed.) If you don't find any or uninstalling them doesn't help, you might try installing Mabilo again and looking at the settings to see if you can turn off an option that downloads wallpapers, then uninstall again.
  3. grinchy

grinchy New Member

have you hooked phone to computer and ran a disk defrag? i did and thats what happened to me as well.......
  4. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

I have not, i would imagine it's one of that apps that is still installed on your phone. If that app in question was already removed it wouldn't continue to download randomly into your phone still.
  5. molloybe

molloybe New Member

I reinstalled, but Mabilo apparently doesn't have much in the way of settings options. Just a few options to control slideshows. I've deleted it again, and removed the lingering Mabilo folder in Astro...so i guess i'll have to wait and see if this keeps happening.

I've only had my droid for about a month so far, so no, i haven't really bothered with defragging yet.
  6. molloybe

molloybe New Member

hmm

it just occurred to me that I have Zedge on there as well. I've never had a problem with it before...but i think it may have received an update lately. so maybe that's the culprit. Zedge barely has any setting to speak of either...guess i'll try uninstalling that next.
Search tags for this page
download random pictures
freaky pictures showed up on phone
my phone keeps downloading random pictures
random pictures appearing on phone
random pictures download into phone
random pictures in my gallery
random pictures in my phone

random pictures on my phone

random pictures on phone

random pictures showing up in my gallery

why do i get random pictures on my android