Random and Incredibly Low Call Volume on Stock OS Pro

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
First off, I noticed some posts about a GB update. I'm going to assume they are rooted and that update doesn't apply to me. My system tells me I'm as up to date as I can be, so if I'm wrong, let me know. On to the subject.

I know that this is a common problem with Motorola phones and isn't specific to my phone. However, my phone has only recently begun to have really low volume in both speaker and in the ear speaker thing. I've checked all the settings and they're fine. It just does it out of the blue. If I restart my phone, that generally makes the problem go away, but this popping up at random times is very annoying and prevents me from being able to take some calls.

Is there a fix for this or something I can do to fix it in the meantime until Motorola does? Could an app I downloaded and installed have caused this? Would rooting help in any way for this? If rooting actually somehow helps this, that gives me two incentives to root now.

Luckily I'm not constantly taking calls, but when I am, they're important enough that I'd like to be able to hear them. I may begin carrying a bluetooth headset around and see if that works as a quick fix. I have no idea if it would work with earphones that have a mic if I plugged it into the audio jack. I'll keep working with it, but please tell me anything you've found that fixes or helps to manage this issue.

paradime313

Reaction score
I'd like to know if there's a fix to this as well, as I do the same thing you do (restart) to fix it. But it is annoying.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
I have the same problem from time to time. The only thing I can do is restart the Pro on occasion before the low volume problem kicks in... But I don't think I've had the problem since updating to GB. But then again, I still restart my phone occasionally.

OP
Hyposprayer

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm ready for an update unless it's official and from Verizon. In the meantime, maybe Moto should actually fix this one since it happens on several of their phones on a regular basis.

I WILL take this opportunity, however, to play around with different settings and listening devices to see if I can find a way to make do. It is one of my past-times of choice for a reason!