Low volume on voice calls

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
Recently my voice calls have been very low in volume. Even if I turn the volume up all the way I still get that problem. I've tried restarting it and it still like that. Is anyone else having that problem? Or is no one using phones to make calls anymore. Lol

Anyone know how to fix it? Like with the secret menu or something?

edit - Oh and I've also tried turning off the voice privacy in the call setting too.

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Recently my voice calls have been very low in volume. Even if I turn the volume up all the way I still get that problem. I've tried restarting it and it still like that. Is anyone else having that problem? Or is no one using phones to make calls anymore. Lol

edit - Oh and I've also tried turning off the voice privacy in the call setting too.
I've never experienced that problem. Sorry I can't help.

LGOP

Reaction score

Had the same problems with D2G. Some people say that a particular app may trigger this volume bug. I finally took my phone to verizon for a replacement

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
K

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
Yeah its usually always linked to an app somehow. I just need to know what app and why that app is doing that.

Please if anybody can help. I sometimes use my voice call lol.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was a swap for a CLNR for my wife. She doesn't have any apps, save for evernote and BW.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Is it the problem where it seems like the sound is coming from the middle of the phone (think the bottom of the screen area) or is it just low volume?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wife explained it like it was coming from the earpiece, but the person on the other end sounds like they are yelling to you from across a stadium.

pavlak21

Reaction score
i had this problem twice , what i did is just reset device and everything went back to normal .

tennvol

Reaction score
Update your towers. Dial* 228 option 2

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

LGOP

Reaction score
Update your towers. Dial* 228 option 2

How does updating towers fix a volume issue?

tennvol

Reaction score
OP said its a new problem and he has tried a hard reboot of the phone. Could be a bad connection between him and the towers.

Maybe it'll work or maybe not but in any event its probably a good idea.

I've had calls with a low volume and echoing and after a updating my prl the problem went away.

Since your so sure that it will not help then how about telling everyone what the answer is.

LGOP

Reaction score
OP said its a new problem and he has tried a hard reboot of the phone. Could be a bad connection between him and the towers.

Maybe it'll work or maybe not but in any event its probably a good idea.

I've had calls with a low volume and echoing and after a updating my prl the problem went away.

Since your so sure that it will not help then how about telling everyone what the answer is.

You know. I was thinking that for whatever reason you would be butt hurt by that comment. Relax cowboy.
I have had the same problem in two phones so if you have some info behind what the update does to fix the volume issue share it with the group. I searched for days on forums and found no definitive fix yet you seem pretty sure so enlighten us.

jwgraves

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happen to my PRO today. The earpiece and speaker volume were like they are on 1 no matter how high I turned the volume. I restarted the phone and the problem went away. The only app I recently installed was Smart Keyboard (which is an amazing app and I hope it's not causing a problem).

paradime313

Reaction score
i had this problem twice , what i did is just reset device and everything went back to normal .

Yeah, this happens every so once in a while for me. Generally I just tell the person I'm talking to to hold on and that I'll call them right back. Turn off/on the phone, and then call them and the issue is resolved.