Radio issue?

thelopenator

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Uh I've tried googleing this but I got nothing, maybe someone just knows. So I was running GB and deceided to go back to my stock rom with a customised kernel (restored it) and i noticed im not getting any service, so something has to be wrong with my radio. What's the latest radio i could get with the best kerenl all for the stock rom. preferably a kernel i could overclock to around 1.9ghz if possible? I mean if no-one knows a quick answer dont bother going out of your way to figure something out i could keep trying but just seeing if anyone knows a off the top of their heads

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Sounds like you have to flash a froyo radio in HBOOT. When you flashed GB you had to have had flashed the GB radio like this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

gerg004

Reaction score
I literally did a few hours of research on this last night. I'm not sure what rom your using but if you head over to the xda forums you'll find a whole list of froyo radios. I can't think of the most current off the top of my head but if you find the radio thread, a little research will point you in the right direction. Like I said there is a thread containing all of them for download. If you happen to go to das bamf 1.7 I believe the latest radio is available for download in their thread. Hope it helps.

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
hey thanks everyone

and yeah im runnin the stock rom right now. and das bamf 1.7 is a rom right? im trying to stay on froyo with only a custom kernel that will let me over clock

gerg004

Reaction score
Yep it's a rom. There are plenty of froyo options to choose from, from the das bamf team and other developers. It is entirely possible to run a custom rom and/or kernel and stay froyo. I'd say check out some threads on different roms. If I had to make a suggestion I'd say das bamf but only bc i've been running almost every version since day one and have had no major issues.

And to your original question you MUST run a froyo radio.

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
okay i found a kernel im running2.6.35.13-imoseyon-sp-2.5.1. seems to be working good but now im looking for radios on [RADIO] The Obligatory Thunderbolt Radio Thread - xda-developers ive tried two so far and im only receiving 1x. any ideas why? do i just need to find the right one to be compatible with my software now? i just want the latest working radio (gps good and lte good and cdma) and ill be a happy man. ive been looking for radios for hours and really found nothing. everything ive seen is for GB

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Just look for the mr1 radio and you'll have the latest radio. Or you can dl the mr2 ruu which is what will be released ota supposedly on the 16th. Do some research first though as I'm not sure if they have a rooted version of the mr2 ruu yet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

gerg004

Reaction score
I hope I'm allowed to post this link, this is the radio I'm currently running on my froyo rom, straight from the same obligatory radio thread.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Please make sure you know how to flash this properly threw hboot and name the file correctly. I am in no way responsible for what you do to your phone, simply passing along the information.

Again, research how to flash this properly!!!!!

gerg004

Reaction score
It's definitely not mr2, i don't know where to find the true mr1, not even sure if that radio is good to use... Thought mr1 was bricking phones... Not sure though.

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
o so im gonna do research on that before flashing mr1.. hah

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
yeah yeah everything worked fine but i deceided to re-rom after that haha. i backed it up tho cause i liked it. what i did was re-rom to get mr2. i flashed mr2 and i think i got it but one thing is concerning me, youre suppose to get a new 3g icon with mr2 right? i dont have a new one, but i flashed the mr2 almost positively correctly otherwise id be with no signal. i mean the gps locks on quicker but is there a way to tell if i have mr2 like with the baseband or something? or does every rom that runs mr2 not give you the updatted 3g icon? idk but it feels like i have it.

im currently running everything on here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1081987