quickoffice = epic fail.anything else (free)

jigawatt

Reaction score
I'm in need of something that'll read xls or ods sheets and allow me to use the "find" feature. Quickoffice always forcecloses, I've given up on that. Documents to go is also a joke, can't use the find feature without paying $15. Unreal. Is there anything out there that is free? I haven't been able to find anything. Open office wants nothing to do with the mobile market, they've said it themselves! However, not in that same exact context.

I need to have my distributors pricefiles on my phone and the ability to find something instantly with "find".

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. How dare an application developer actually demand you pay for features! So unfair. I assume in your business you don't charge for your work, right?

Last edited:
OP
J

jigawatt

Reaction score
I already paid for the phone that supposedly had the features. Why would I pay another? Especially one that doesn't even let you have any sort of a "trial" to see if it is worth dropping money on. Simple logic really. Had I known that quickoffice was a flop, I wouldn't have ever bought the droid.

Last edited:

ndhill1976

Reaction score
and you would have been disapointed with the lack of other countless features that the droid does have.

To answer your question, I don't know of anything. The droid is an excellent phone that does lack in some of it's native apps, but it isn't a big deal to pay someone that has put a lot of time and effort in working on a solution. I gladly paid $20 for the touchdown e-mail app. I could have made the native exchange app work on my droid, but opted for the better paid app, and haven't looked back.

OP
J

jigawatt

Reaction score
and you would have been disapointed with the lack of other countless features that the droid does have.
Nah, I would have just bought a laptop instead. To me, it's like buying a computer with windows that supposedly has it's own protection for its "secure" OS... only to have to pay ANOTHER company (antivirus suite as example) to actually make it and keep it secure.

If I can't test drive it, I don't want it. And yes, I tested the phone... of which worked like a charm in the verizon store. I would have... dare I say this... gone with an Iphone. BUT, they have a lack of coverage (AT&T)... and their service is below par. Jon Stewart said it best... the first part is about how they (apple) went to recover their lost Iphone prototype:
If you want to break down someone’s door, why don’t you start with AT&T, for God sakes? They make your amazing phone unusable as a phone!
Update: I finally got it to work. Amazing how the software I paid for wouldn't allow it to work (microsoft office), but open office on my computer (free) seemed to get it to work. Hmm, open source wins again.

Last edited:

Briankbl

Reaction score
Actually, there are "trials" for EVERY paid app on the store. If you don't like an app, you have 24 hours to refund it. Just go back to the app's page in the market, scroll all the way down to the bottom, and you will see the refund option.

Last edited:

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Actually, there are "trials" for EVERY paid app on the store. If you don't like an app, you have 24 hours to refund it. Just go back to the app's page in the market, scroll all the way down to the bottom, and you will see the refund option.

Exactly

I am confused by the OP that he got searching a spreadsheet on his phone to work by doing it on his computer?