Quick question

Grassi

Reaction score
I rooted my phone and had it like that for a week, then I got paranoid and reverted back to unrooted. I am a little worried because sometimes my phone will just have my wallpaper and all the onscreen buttons and apps disappear but I can just slide the screen and they come back, not a big deal but just got me wondering if my phone was damaged from rooting. Is there a way I can get a diagnostic or something to see if my phone is performing like new still or if it has been a little damaged. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

srfrmac87

Reaction score
i have that problem now and i am unrooted, never was rooted

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
Oh ok, that's a relief,

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
Rooting, on its own, will not do much. It allows programs to have super user power on the phone... but without using them, the standard apps don't have any difference in their operation. Rooting is nice to freeze bloatware or install other ROMs. Just rooting the phone does you no good and doesn't do anything unless you use other programs that need root.

Your issue is either a bloat ware app or mess up setting. reboot the phone. If it happens a lot, list the apps you are running (and make sure you just didn't slide left or right to a different screen).