Getting back to stock from damaged phone

fragfox

Reaction score
hi i have a droid 2 global thats running cyanogenmod and the power button is damaged (doesnt click and acts randomly , sometimes likes its always pressed in, sometimes like its being pressed over and over), im planning on taking it in to get replaced but I need to revert to stock, i have tried using rsd lite to do this but the powerbutton exits me out of the bootloader before i can do anything, does anyone know of a alternative way to do this?

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Take the battery out, then put it back in, hold the Up Arrow key on the physical keyboard and connect the charger. The phone will power up and go into the SBF loader.

OP
F

fragfox

Reaction score
i have done that, before the usb drivers are even installed on the computer the phone reboots

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well as long as your phone keeps shutting itself down due to that power button issue, you cannot do anything.

OP
F

fragfox

Reaction score
i can still used the phone just fine, i remapped the button in android and the recovery menu works fine its just the bootloader thats the problem

Jonas

Reaction score
Take that bad boy apart is your only option it would seem. Or you can go with the insurance recovery and hope they can't fix the phone enough to know you altered it. Assuming you didn't change your boot logo, which I think cm7 does on its own.

Sent from my Banana Phone