Quick Profile

Dinty

Reaction score
I installed Quick Profile and it works great for me. My goal was to be able to leave my phone on at night for phone calls but no notifications.

That worked but it killed my battery. I changed some of the settings to disable wireless functions in my Sleep Quick Profile and hopefully it does better tonight but I was wondering if there were plans to include GPS within the QP controls?

As a side note, could someone rank the following for me in terms of power usage?
1. Cell/3G signal
2. WiFi
3. Bluetooth
4. GPS receiver

Thanks.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
They really depends on how much you use them. I'd recommend turning WiFi off except when you need it. GPS is only going to chew through the battery when it's active.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep my phone plugged in the charger at night.
I am using quick profiles. and I keep my screen brightness at 0% wifi and bluetooth off. if your phone has trouble getting a signal this will kill your battery too as its "searching"

-=Jason=-

OP
D

Dinty

Reaction score
I installed Quick Profile and it works great for me. My goal was to be able to leave my phone on at night for phone calls but no notifications.

That worked but it killed my battery. I changed some of the settings to disable wireless functions in my Sleep Quick Profile and hopefully it does better tonight but I was wondering if there were plans to include GPS within the QP controls?

As a side note, could someone rank the following for me in terms of power usage?
1. Cell/3G signal
2. WiFi
3. Bluetooth
4. GPS receiver

Thanks.
So I uninstalled Quick Profile. I suspect that it was hosing up my WiFi connection. I had an issue where my WiFi was 5 feet from my phone and Droid still said it was not in range. Even tried a few reboots and nothing.

After the uninstall everything seems like it is back to normal. Fingers crossed that that was the issue since it seems that WiFi issues are not uncommon with Droid.

Without Quick Profiles I am left without a way to easily change my sound settings. I found the Power widget so I am set on that front.

Anyone have a good way to, say have a sleep setting where only phone calls can sound but not emails and text. And then easily switch back to full alerts sounding?

OP
D

Dinty

Reaction score
I keep my phone plugged in the charger at night.
I am using quick profiles. and I keep my screen brightness at 0% wifi and bluetooth off. if your phone has trouble getting a signal this will kill your battery too as its "searching"

-=Jason=-
I used the Power widget last night to turn off bluetooth, wifi, and GPS. The battery did much better than the night before where I left GPS on.