Quick fixes. Can I turn them off?

DIRTADDICT922

Reaction score
I was able to on my old Droid but can't seem to figure it out on my new X? Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thread Moved to DX Tech Issues

Maybe you could explain the issue with a bit more detail...

BTW- :welcome:

OP
D

DIRTADDICT922

Reaction score
Sorry, LoL. I meant the quick fixes as I type out a txt msg. It replaces words I am abreviating with what it thinks I want to say. So when I am typing this "yo dood, ups me sumthin Tite" It gets translated it into this "The dog used me sensible toilet" Make sence?
Thanks,

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Sorry, LoL. I meant the quick fixes as I type out a txt msg. It replaces words I am abreviating with what it thinks I want to say. So when I am typing this "yo dood, ups me sumthin Tite" It gets translated it into this "The dog used me sensible toilet" Make sence?
Thanks,
Seriously...you type this way normally and you are upset the phone wants to correct it?

BTW, "sense" is the word you were looking for...had you been using your Droid to type that, it would have corrected it for you...or you could have just used the "red under lines" that spell check noted when you made the post here...

To answer your original question though, are you using the regular Android keyboard or the Swype keyboard?

Swype: Settings...Language & Keyboards...Swype...there you can modify a few settings...

Android: Settings...Language & Keyboard...Multi-touch...Auto-correct errors...<--- turn this Off or On depending on what you want.

OP
D

DIRTADDICT922

Reaction score
No I don't. That's what you call an "example". LoL. Always someone looking to make one outta me!. Thanks for the answer though. ey weely apweciate it!