Quick Data Plan Question

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, I know that I am grandfathered into my unlimited plan.

What I want to know is, I have an old feature phone that I have had to re-activate when my Droid X has failed me (like the very first day I owned it).

If my X messes up and I need a phone, can I re-activate my old phone for a short time (a few hours or a day or two) and keep my unlimited plan, or will I lose it?

The old phone is a sucky LG Cosmos BTW.

Apex 2.0 Revolution

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has the mobile web app, but it is a 1X phone only. No 3G.

Apex 2.0 Revolution

FernBch

Reaction score
Kinda sounds like you want to do what I've done in the past. I broke a smartphone about a year ago. I called big red, told them what I wanted to do, and made sure I told them it was only temporary until I got a new phone. Make sure they understand you do not want to make any plan changes as it's only temporary until a replacement arrives.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

the3dolla

Reaction score
To be safe, I'd say, don't do it.

Get/Keep an older smartphone around for if this happens. My sister traveled to the other side of the state, left her phone at a friends and got Verizon to give her a loaner. It wasn't a smart phone. Data was dropped and so was her $20 discount on data. (for the deal back at the end of the year)

Luckily, I called a number someone had, they filled out a form and it was back on a few days later. I'm not so sure that would work nowadays, with no unlimited data.

On the other hand, I'm curious if the can put you on a non-smart phone, but just LEAVE the unlimited data alone. I wouldn't chance it.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am looking for a Droid 1 in good condition that I can mod and everything, that way I'll have a backup anyway

Apex 2.0 Revolution