Quick. 215 question

GPYoung

Reaction score
Should I upgrade to Matty's. 215, will that cause any issues loading any future ota's from moto?

Thanks,
Geoff

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
From what MattLGroff said when he pulled this file down and made it available to us is that it would not take us off the over the air upgrade path. So we should not have any problems if a new over the air comes out, if you do you can always use the fastboot files to get back to .211.

So the choice to upgrade would be up to you, battery and lag are better and .215 over .211 no doubt about that.

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
Thank you Sydman. As it stands, I am still waiting for my 9 a.m. scheduled call to come from tier 2 vzw..... only 52 minutes late thus far.... holding off on ...215 until I see where that gets me.

Thanks,
Geoff

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No it will not take you off the OTA path ... I'm not sure if .215 has come out as an official OTA or not.

If something newer comes out it won't be any problem going up from .215 :)

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
My phone says no updates avail and I am on .211 currently. Will install .215 after vzw gives me the run around.
Thanks MattyP. And Sydman for advice and help.
Have already got 215 as stand alone zip on my sd card and ready to go for "after the call" from vzw.

Thanks,
Geoff

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you will like it. Pretty much everyone who has installed it have seen noticeable improvements, especially with battery life and speed of the OS :)

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
Just waiting to do the necessaries with vzw. Hate to do update then have them send me a new phone and have this on the old one...will install .215 regardless though. Either this phone or new one. Thanks again.

Thanks,
Geoff

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
BTW,
.215 does seem MUCH better to me! FDR,upgrade to. 215 and phone and battery are a lot better.

Thanks,
Geoff