SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just had to manually update to the update released 12/18
I have my phone set to auto update but it never promoted me

It said it updated to android 11 but I don't see anything different and one ui3

It also said future updates for is while be available from Google play store

I don't really see anything changed except the version security app which says powered by asked for more permissions , it nagged a few times with popups

I also noticed since I have texts to not show content in lock screen it pops up on lock screen and says message content blocked and doesn't even say who texted . I don't recall what previous android is did but I think it was different. Will it still light up in DND mode I have to test. Hope not

I read the android 11 article on what's new and mostly in mentioned stuff about chat heads and rcs sms messages

Are there any new and super cool features in android 11 seems mostly a security patch vs a feature update.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Just had to manually update to the update released 12/18
I have my phone set to auto update but it never promoted me

It said it updated to android 11 but I don't see anything different and one ui3

It also said future updates for is while be available from Google play store

I don't really see anything changed except the version security app which says powered by asked for more permissions , it nagged a few times with popups

I also noticed since I have texts to not show content in lock screen it pops up on lock screen and says message content blocked and doesn't even say who texted . I don't recall what previous android is did but I think it was different. Will it still light up in DND mode I have to test. Hope not

I read the android 11 article on what's new and mostly in mentioned stuff about chat heads and rcs sms messages

Are there any new and super cool features in android 11 seems mostly a security patch vs a feature update.

Here's what else I could find and I prefer Android 10. Battery on my Note 20 is using almost twice as much on 11 as it did on 10.
Android 11 on Galaxy phones: Hands-on with all the new One UI 3.0 features

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Here's what else I could find and I prefer Android 10. Battery on my Note 20 is using almost twice as much on 11 as it did on 10.
Android 11 on Galaxy phones: Hands-on with all the new One UI 3.0 features
My battery has been fine

App badges stopped working on nova launcher . If fixed nova launcher by disabling and renabling badges.

I also noticed "samsung visit in" app was added that gives ads when near samsung related stores I think. I disabled notifications but I don't see a way to uninstall and disable is greyed out.

Also noticed the apps being put into deep sleep came up and had to remove some. Is there a way to set deep sleep settings?

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am downloading the January update 6 that just came out it will be interesting if it fixes anything
Supposed to be mostly security updates

Go another January update and again had to reset nova permissions to get notifications to work. These updates should not erase previous permissions

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Just did another update April 2021 and it did two back to back updates
Not sure if this is a security or feature update from Verizon samsung

I think the ones the 1st of the month are security, about 200 Mb. I've been getting mine really fast on an unlocked Note 20. I did receive two updates within the last two months that were larger and software updates.