What was in the New Update 12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriverdance

Reaction score
Hi, Just wanted to know if there is a location where we can see what all was done in the update?

I wasn't happy with the unlock screen changing. I actually prefer the half circle. Also, I leave my phone plugged in at work, so I can see messages that come up, with the phone on silence so I don't disturb my co-workers, I need this too be on. Now the display "Never Off" is gone. So for a 9 hour day I'm going to have to touch the screen multiple times to keep it clicked on?
Just order the Multimedia cradle, hope that solves the display issue.
Anyways for future updates, does someone know where they can be found?
Much appreciation.

Oh one other question, is there an app to lock the volume bar. I keep touching mine, would be nice if I could set and lock on the screen.

andjarnic

Reaction score
You know what!! You have a very good idea there. I am ALWAYS touching my damn volume keys. They are so light to the touch..that even in my pocket I often mute my phone not knowing it and miss calls. That is one thing they did wrong on this phone. The volume rockers are WAY too easy to press. The iPhone rockers are much more difficult. I'd rather see the buttons like the power button, a bit recessed so you have to push your finger in on them a bit. It would be VERY nice if there was a way to disable the volume, or lock it so that even if you press them it does nothing.

My guess is a lock AND home replacement would be the only way to do that, and I am not sure if you can override the volume buttons in code. I believe I am able to detect them when they are pressed tho.. I'll have to mess with them some more.

Hoover

Reaction score
I was interested in the exact changes too, so I did a quick search and found this information from various sources:

"DROID changes will be found in the camera's autofocus function and in voice reception during calls."

"Several bug fixes and behavior changes, such as application resource selection based on API level and changes to the value of some Bluetooth-related constants."

Android 2.0.1, Release 1 | Android Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.