Questions before I root

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Second Android phone.. first one was a D1 and wouldn't root, no matter what I tried.. wouldn't root for my buddy either who rooted his D1 the exact same way.. so I'm a little nervous to root my Thunderbolt which actually works compared to my D1.

Anyway, my biggest question is this.. can I retain data from applications? Stuff like my to-do lists, my game progress etc. I am willing to buy an app that can safely backup and restore all of these things, but I need to know that it can be done first. I'm planning on rooting then flashing GB w/ Sense 3.0. Any help is appreciated.

tomjhansen

Reaction score
Checkout MyBackup Pro. You can save app data prior to rooting. Just be careful with what you restore.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
If you can't root a D1 then do a lot of reading before you flash the tb. Don't worry about saving game data, worry about creating a nandroid as soon as you root. Especially if you will be changing radios to gingerbread mr2, or 2.5, etc.

OP
Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
It wasn't just me personally that couldn't root the d1. I had friends who had rooted their d1's try to root mine and it wouldn't work. I swear it was missing parts because it was also significantly lighter than all theirs! :p

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
What method you planning on using? Are you familiar with ADB? Just know that you cannot brick a D1, but you can a Thunderbolt. And make sure the TB weighs the same as any other one:)