questions about built-in backup capabilities ....

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by zero7404, Jan 6, 2013.

1. zero7404

zero7404 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i never kept track of exactly what android is backing up onto google servers when i set the option in backup and reset ... so i was wondering if anyone has a complete list or where i can go to find out ?

i want to know the level of detail of the backup as it gets stored on my gmail account, does it backup call logs, messages, etc ? i know it saves wifi access points, the apps i have installed along with data, contacts, but i want to get all the details.

is there a place online on my google account where i can have a look at all the backed up settings ?

this is just for my information, because i've been thru a few resets and phones so before my next planned jump (to another phone) i want to take care and backup manually what is not backed up via the android service.

2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +759
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Go to accounts.google.com & look under your profile picture for "Go to dashboard to see all data stored in your account". There will be options for settings there

3. zero7404

zero7404 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    went on and didnt see a detailed breakdown of what is saved in specific. i have 2 gmail accounts and both have dl options for profile data, contacts, and a few other services ...

for example, android backs up my wifi access points, is that in my profile ?

what about sms and call logs ... are those saved to google servers or should i back them up separately ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +217
    your SMS and call logs are not backed up. I use lifesaver when switching over phones to put my SMS and phone logs on the new phone.

Search tags for this page

android archiver sms builtin