Question for the Gurus

Lars1

Reaction score
Hey all,

Over the past four months I have tried out every home replacement on the market and I keep going back to GDE (I LOVE their application dock widget!).

Anyway, the problem I am having is every time I hit the HOME button, the dialog box comes up and asks me which app to use for HOME. I click the SET AS DEFAULT button but it still asks every time and is getting quite annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hey all,

Over the past four months I have tried out every home replacement on the market and I keep going back to GDE (I LOVE their application dock widget!).

Anyway, the problem I am having is every time I hit the HOME button, the dialog box comes up and asks me which app to use for HOME. I click the SET AS DEFAULT button but it still asks every time and is getting quite annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

If you check the box that says save default, then it will not ask every time.

Brokn68

Reaction score
Hey all,

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

If you check the box that says save default, then it will not ask every time.
That should do the trick.

superglen99

Reaction score
didnt he say in his post he clicked set as default?? go to settings>applications>manage applications and clear any defaults you have for the stock home and try again. might work byt I dont know

Reaction score
didnt he say in his post he clicked set as default?? go to settings>applications>manage applications and clear any defaults you have for the stock home and try again. might work byt I dont know

If the first suggestion did not work, do this, then the check box should appear.

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
Well, thanks for your ideas. Nothing has changed.

Methinks a reset may be in my future.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Before going down the factory reset path, at least download "Home Switcher." It may help you diagnose the problem more precisely even if it doesn't solve it.

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
Before going down the factory reset path, at least download "Home Switcher." It may help you diagnose the problem more precisely even if it doesn't solve it.

Thanks, I use Home Switcher but even when I set the default in there it doesn't stick.

Anywhoo...

Thanks for your help guys