Question for team Liberty.....

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If we are running the early release of 2.0 and the official one is released will our toolbox notify us?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

txter

Reaction score
if you open up toolbox and tap your menu button and go to settings their is an update feature. its right at the top for automatic updates. i have mine checked so i guess i just have to wait and see.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah I tried that too....I am just curious as the old toolbox obviously didn't notify of an update....I am curious how many toolbox's I am going to have if there is a new one for every version of Liberty that comes out. Am I going to end up with 2 toolbox's, 1 of which is hidden in the final release?

Last edited:

txter

Reaction score
You should only need one toolbox. I deleted the old one. I now just have the new one and everything seems to work just fine. The new has the same things as the old one just with some new things added

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah but I thought we needed old one to prevent force close when going into Liberty settings from the settings menu. Or can you uninstall it right after?

txter

Reaction score
Open up toolbox, hit your menu button and tap on settings. It will open up Liberty settings. This is how I get into settings myself

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
There should only be one toolbox in future releases and it will get updated like any other apps you have. The only reason the toolbox is having issues this time is because it was completely revamped to offer way more to the users. I'm sure jrummy will have this all straightened out when he gets time. Untill then let's just be patient and be grateful for this badass pre release ROM! Hella classy!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
to be completely honest I dont mind having the extra toolbox mostly because I have it hidden so I don't even really know it is there when searching my apps. But I will admit before I hid it I would select the wrong one at times and get odd messages about "older" versions of Liiberty being installed which I think is funny when it is the "older" toolbox telling the "newer" Liberty that it's the old one in the group

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
One thing I'd like to point out as a suggestion to you guys about the excessive information you're including in posts/threads is to clarify what is necessary and what isn't. If I was a new user I would be baffled by all this information about needing 2 Toolboxes, hiding one, "waiting" for another, uninstalling the old one, installing a new one, this and that.

Then of course I see posts, made by fellow Liberty users, suggesting doing this or that and then it's incorrect information because it messes up on their end.

My advice to you guys is to work with what you have (that is working) and don't include all these useless information that may confuse other people, especially new users, and wait it out till the final release. Jrummy made it clear as day that this release IS going to have bugs. No one self-tested it for him as an exclusive. We are the testers. We should only be reporting bugs, not suggestions on what to install, uninstall, check this or check that. Just wait it out and use nerdslogic's thread (about bugs and such on pre-release of Liberty 2.0), or jrummy's bug report thread (sticky) to post all the known issues.

I wouldn't worry about trying so hard to fix stuff and provide suggestions when it's not the final release. That's what Jrummy and his team is for, to fix the bugs and get the final release out.

Patience!

Last edited:

eqforus5

Reaction score
One thing I'd like to point out as a suggestion to you guys about the excessive information you're including in posts/threads is to clarify what is necessary and what isn't. If I was a new user I would be baffled by all this information about needing 2 Toolboxes, hiding one, "waiting" for another, uninstalling the old one, installing a new one, this and that.

Then of course I see posts, made by fellow Liberty users, suggesting doing this or that and then it's incorrect information because it messes up on their end.

My advice to you guys is to work with what you have (that is working) and don't include all these useless information that may confuse other people, especially new users, and wait it out till the final release. Jrummy made it clear as day that this release IS going to have bugs. No one self-tested it for him as an exclusive. We are the testers. We should only be reporting bugs, not suggestions on what to install, uninstall, check this or check that. Just wait it out and use nerdslogic's thread (about bugs and such on pre-release of Liberty 2.0), or jrummy's bug report thread (sticky) to post all the known issues.

I wouldn't worry about trying so hard to fix stuff and provide suggestions when it's not the final release. That's what Jrummy and his team is for, to fix the bugs and get the final release out.

Patience!

Agreed, we all just need to be patient, this rom is awesome and in the end I'm sure it will be well worth the wait as I am more than willing to put up with a few bugs just to have it.