Question about google talk

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Is there a way to see when the other person is process of typing?! (like you can when you use it on gmail) I am sick of "stepping" all over the people I am chatting with.

Just a simple "such and such is typing..." would suffice.

Caniac Nation

Reaction score
not that I know of. Cool concept though, but I'm not sure if it would work on a smartphone.

gruve

Reaction score
The BB chat feature told you when the other person was typing, received the message and also when they read it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hi MSN tells you when someone's typing as well.

Chat apps are constantly pinging the system in order to provide you with responses as quickly as possible, so it stands to reason that it could also read if someone is typing.

OP
Viktor Vaughn

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Wow! Had no idea. It seems like a such a no brainer feature that google would be on top of it.

jtjessup

Reaction score
This is something that I was hoping they would update as well. I am a former BB user and BBM user and lets just say, BBM is without a doubt the best mobile IM there is. Anyone have any ideas on how we can submit to Google some enhancement requests????

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I know that gTalk does tell you when someone is typing if you are using it on a computer. I really have not paid attention to it on my Droid. However, I do know that Yahoo does tell you when someone is typing if you are using it on your Droid.

mstef66

Reaction score
The BB chat feature told you when the other person was typing, received the message and also when they read it.

Really?! On chat?

Yes on Chat. BBM is the best Chat there is unfortunately.

Hopefully Google can update Gtalk to incorporate some of the features BBM has such as Groups

+1, BBM is the best. It also tells you when the message was delivered and when it was read. I hope in time GT will have similar features.

BBM is the ONLY thing I miss from my BB.

Mike

jtjessup

Reaction score
What I would like to know, is where do we send enhancement requests to (ie google)?... I know that when I was a BB user, we knew who to send support requests to. I think I am actually starting to miss my BB..