[Q] Force close when pressing a physical key while in the app drawer?

r314bd

Reaction score
Are any non-rooted users experiencing this? At first it was thought a frozen app may have been causing it but that has been ruled out. The problem only seems to exist with the stock launcher so I'm wondering if it occurred during the rooting process or if it is a bug on the device itself.

Any non-rooted users getting force closes by pressing a physical key while in the app drawer of the stock launcher?

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Only happens to me when I press the search key. I think the same thing happened on the RAZR, but the last update fixed it for them.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only happens to me when I press the search key. I think the same thing happened on the RAZR, but the last update fixed it for them.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, the Droid Bionic on the latest official (5.9.902) exhibits the exact same behavior if the latest Google Search update is installed, and the search button is pressed while in the app drawer.

If the last RAZR update fixed it, then Moto needs to pass that fix onto us Bionic owners, and you Droid 4 owners. No reason we should have to run an outdated search app and/or deal with issues.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Anyone else (non-rooted) having this problem?

Rubenk

Reaction score
Happens here, if I press a letter or press the search button.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Gingerblur issue. Seen it on the Pro, X, and my Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums