[Q] Couple questions about D2G

Backdraft

Reaction score
Hello D2 forum,

I'm in the position to maybe get a Droid 2 Global (from a Motorola Milestone), and I was hoping you could answer some questions:

1. Is the bootloader locked (like the Milestone, DroidX, etc.)? On that note, besides the Droid 1, do any any Moto phones released since then have unlocked bootloaders? If so, I'm assuming ROMs like Cyanogen are out of the question...

2. I see that it has been rooted, which is a start. Even with the bootloader locked, how are the (few, as far as I can see) ROMs for the D2G? Are they relatively stable and do they remove most of the Moto bloatware apps/widgets?

Thanks.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hello D2 forum,

I'm in the position to maybe get a Droid 2 Global (from a Motorola Milestone), and I was hoping you could answer some questions:

1. Is the bootloader locked (like the Milestone, DroidX, etc.)? On that note, besides the Droid 1, do any any Moto phones released since then have unlocked bootloaders? If so, I'm assuming ROMs like Cyanogen are out of the question...

2. I see that it has been rooted, which is a start. Even with the bootloader locked, how are the (few, as far as I can see) ROMs for the D2G? Are they relatively stable and do they remove most of the Moto bloatware apps/widgets?

Thanks.

Not sure about the ROMs but, all Motorolas after the X will have locked bootloaders...unless Sanjay somehow changes his mind (wouldn't hold my breath).