Putting movies on my pro

hotkoko

Reaction score
How can I add movies to my Droid pro from a dvd? I sometimes by movies that have a digital copy for download to cell phones but I have no idea how. Not that computer savvy. HELP

Sent from my DROID PRO

monster

Reaction score
How can I add movies to my Droid pro from a dvd? I sometimes by movies that have a digital copy for download to cell phones but I have no idea how. Not that computer savvy. HELP

Sent from my DROID PRO

Handbrake worked for me

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
What's handbrake?

Sent from my DROID PRO

B

breakingbad

I ran across this video after looking for hours for help on streaming and downloading movies on the web to my droid. This video is very helpful and tells you the best app to use and how to get the movies and tv shows. I just watch a few new movies like The Eagle, The Mechanic & The Rite and they were very good quality. Trust me, it is legit.

[video=youtube;JHGBAs0cb94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHGBAs0cb94]YouTube - Stream Movies ONLINE, on Any Android, PLUS iPhone, iPad, iPod[/video]

monster

Reaction score
What's handbrake?

Sent from my DROID PRO

Do you have a basic idea of how to rip a movie or were you hoping to learn how to do it here in this forum?

I'm sure someone can explain how to do this more easily than I can, but here is what I do.

I take the ripped version of the movie, .avi .mkv, etc and transfer it to a directory on my memory card called my_flix.

I put a shortcut to that directory on one of my pages.

I double-tap the movie and it plays.

At the moment I have a varied group of movies/videos on my phone:
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Enemy Below
The Deer Hunter
U2 Slane Castle
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
The Landlord-Will Ferrell

trook

Reaction score
If you want to keep the filesize small on movies download a 3gp converter. 3gp is the format your phone uses to take videos with its camcorder. If you want to convert dvds you need a dvd decrypter to remove the copyright unless its a burned dvd of course. You can find converters and decrypters on the internet. Just drag it to your sd card and watch it. The digital copies you get are mp3 format, arc video player on the market will play almost every format.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
What is ripping. Just like I said. Im stupid with this ****

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
I saw that youtube video. It only shows sample clips not entire movies and it says I have to pay.

Sent from my DROID PRO

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I saw that youtube video. It only shows sample clips not entire movies and it says I have to pay.

Sent from my DROID PRO
hotkoko...if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. I also watched the video breakingbad posted...I personally wouldn't touch that "service" with a ten foot pole...just my opinion. I am not an expert on ripping movies/music either. There are legal ways to get movies on your phone and illegal ways. Legal ways typically require you to pay something...illegal ways you also pay, but you're not going to like the price if you get caught. If you are serious about watching movies on your phone I recommend you google "watch movies on android phone" and go from there.

DroidToro

Reaction score
There are no short answers. You have to google for 'dvd ripping' and conversion. It can be a time consuming process using free software but some commercial tools automate it.

I have some scripts running on a linux box that downloads and converts shows from my tivo. It then autosyncs to my phone using rsync and samba. The script periodically checks for the phone on my LAN. When it finds it it mounts the sdcard via samba services for android(free market app) and rsyncs music and video. Things just magically appear when I join my wifi :)

BTW: qqplayer rocks

Edit: I use the same process to backup stuff off the phone. I grab pics, etc. And put them into my dropbox account so they show up on all my stuff. Dropbox is sweet.

Droid Pro Z4 Rooted

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Hahaha I know what you mean by legal ways and illegal ways. I did google that but still its all like chinese to me

Sent from my DROID PRO

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hahaha I know what you mean by legal ways and illegal ways. I did google that but still its all like chinese to me

Sent from my DROID PRO
LOL...yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe a senior/more experienced Android phone guru will chime-in and be able to add some clarity to this subject. I suspect the least painful way to do what you want is to copy (rip) a movie to your hard drive from a DVD or download (you've paid for) and then convert that to a file format that your phone can play...like mp4. Then you can copy that file to your sd card and use the player on your phone to watch it. I suspect you can find a program on the web that will enable you to do the rip and file transfer...not sure if it will be free or not.

CojonesDeToro seems to have "broke the code"...but he obviously knows what he's doing...lol.

zenivzen

Reaction score
dvd catalyst 4. ten bucks and it does all the thinking for you. you can get the free version but it takes time. the full version converts for multiple devices, droid, ipods, etc...