Puting music on to the Droid X

Fallenrider

Reaction score
I am completely new to this android os and was having troubles putting my music on to my phone. I have the droid x and i was putting the music on by just dragging my music folder to the sd card. It worked the first time but then i had to format tthe sd card and now when i try to put the music on the phone it will freeze up and i will have to take the battery out. Is there an easier way to do this that's fast and simple?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forum. So you formatted your SD card and now it won't allow you to drop music without doing a freeze up?

Sounds like you've got another issue going on. But let's talk about the music.

Many people have success using either Motorola Media Exchange or Double Twist. Double Twist was ok but it didn't do my whole play list. I have a Mac so I only know what I read about Media Exchange and people like that.

I think however if you use either one of those, and they are both free just google them, you may still have the same issue of the phone freezing up. If it does, try a Factory Data Reset. I have no idea where it is on the X but I'm sure you have it somewhere in your settings. On my Droid it's in the Privacy section.

Good luck and let us know how this works out for you.

Vilkus

Reaction score
OK hard reset is under phone settings and tunesync works great on wifi

I just downloaded Tune sync and it works great with playlists from Itunes.
Worth the 5 bucks I think so far but I have only had it for 5 minute.
I had some trouble syncing with the usb but if you have wifi and want Itunes playlists go to tunesync

pudders

Reaction score
Double Twist was ok but it didn't do my whole play list. .

I had the same issue with Double Twist not getting all the songs on selected playlist. Then I figured out that if I start from a new playlist and select all the songs I want from an iTunes playlist and then drag them to the new Double Twist playlist they all copied just fine. It also works good for photos and videos. Oh, and I am a Mac user too.

dougivks

Reaction score
Itunes and Itunes agent works for me. Whenever i update a playlist on my ipod in itunes, i just do the same update on my phone playlist that is setup in itunes. then just sync them with itunes agent.

Staticfaction

Reaction score
I'm a Zune user but I also just downloaded Itunes (to get podcasts) and I wanted to know if it's possible to use the iTunes Agent app to only sync playlists and podcasts to my X. I have over 5,000 songs in my library and I'd only like to use about 1,000 on my X - in the form of playlists.

thanks in advance

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I just used windows media player, synced all my music about 6gbs worth pretty fast.

Staticfaction

Reaction score
I have over 20GB of music, which is why I only want a fraction of it - it won't all fit on the SD card. I'll try a couple of things and post how it goes.
I just used windows media player, synced all my music about 6gbs worth pretty fast.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah windows you can go through and choose which ones to sync just drag and drop to the list and hit sync now. Easy

GotADV

Reaction score
I have been using doubleTwist for a couple days now. Not a bad program, just very slow if you have a large library. I turned off the automatic scan of library at start up.

OP
F

Fallenrider

Reaction score
I have been looking for how to do that can you tell me how or direct me to somewhere where i can learn i cant seem to do it that way.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Once your Droid is plugged into your computer open up Windows Media Player and go the Sync tab. You will be able to browse your music and make a Sync list, then just hit Sync now.