Push IMAP email

asperber

Reaction score
I was looking for a way to get my IMAP email pushed to my droid, kind of how the gmail works. Is there any way to do this? And what is the "best" email app? Thanks.

mpenda

Reaction score
Lots of threads on this topic. Everyone is waiting for the default app to handle this.
You can try "K-9" email beta, it supports IDLE (Push IMAP) I believe. I didn't like it as it doesn't have the "combined" Inbox which is more important to me than push.

Give it a whirl.

OP
A

asperber

Reaction score
Lots of threads on this topic. Everyone is waiting for the default app to handle this.
You can try "K-9" email beta, it supports IDLE (Push IMAP) I believe. I didn't like it as it doesn't have the "combined" Inbox which is more important to me than push.

Give it a whirl.

I didnt really like K9 much, wish there was a way to have my email pushed to my phone, so it doesn't have to constantly poll for emails.

mpenda

Reaction score
Not only is it periodic, sadly, it sometimes just fails to update for unknown reasons. Sigh.
Your only other real option is to forward email to GMail. Lots of people waiting on push, and I think it will come out eventually.

Tryshasla

Reaction score
IMAP Push

Not only is it periodic, sadly, it sometimes just fails to update for unknown reasons. Sigh.
Your only other real option is to forward email to GMail. Lots of people waiting on push, and I think it will come out eventually.

I've recently created an app which uses the IMAP IDLE protocol to receive realtime notifications for IMAP accounts. It currently works for only one account, but that will change in the future. You can find the app here: https://market.android.com/details?id=nl.lengthofrope.imapidle