Purchased apps carry over, right?

Dadeo

Reaction score
Silly question probably but oh well... Will the apps I've bought/downloaded for my OG Droid Inc be available for download on the GSIII without having to purchase them again? ex. Swiftkey keyboard

arrndroid

Reaction score
As long as you use the same Gmail yes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Also sometimes, I still can't figure out why this doesn't happen everytime when, as far as I know, the settings are the same, but it will automatically download all the apps that were installed on your last phone. No backup needed, it just does it automatically. I never enable backup assistant and always uncheck everything, yet it still happened with my S3. Doesn't carry over the data though, just the app.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Google does keep track of the apps you have loaded. This way if you need to do a factory reset they will all be reloaded without having to remember which ones you had. The first time you turned on the S3 it asked if you wanted to sync. You must have said yes. If you do a factory reset it will ask again and you can say no if you want. I found it very handy when I got my S3.

JFrawls

Reaction score
Silly question probably but oh well... Will the apps I've bought/downloaded for my OG Droid Inc be available for download on the GSIII without having to purchase them again? ex. Swiftkey keyboard

Yeah, just go to the play store online under my apps everything that you have ever installed will be listed there. Either currently on the device or just in your history. Installing everything from there is much easier than doing it all right from the phone. I didn't do a back up of all applications on my previous phone so this was the fastest way to restore all my apps paid and free.