PSA with summer around the corner

BlueSami

Reaction score
i am not sure how much it really matters but i left my phone outside in the sun yesterday. Well when i went and pick it up it was pretty hot, and the cpu temp was like 60 C. and it took a while to cool down because the whole phone was hot not just the CPU.

JCo352

Reaction score
If your phone works, then there is no problem.

OP
BlueSami

BlueSami

Reaction score
yea i know. its working fine.
just wondering if it would of mattered if it was 100 degrees and left out all day??

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i live in south Florida and its been in the 90's now for a few months already and i have left my phone in my car a few times in the sun. So far its been fine the last time i left it in the sun the thermometer on my car said 119 degrees and i had no issues.

i typically don't like doing this but with my work and me constantly being on the water as a captain and commercial diver i would rather leave it in the car rather then getting it wet.

Leonard Wong

Reaction score
I'd be cautious about continuing to leave the cell phone in the hot sun. I think the worst things that you can do to a cell phone are:

1) Dropping it
2) Getting it wet
3) Sun damage

Continuous overheating of your cell phone will eventually cause premature failure of your battery and screen. The other components inside the cell phone might hold up better to extreme tempertures, but the screen and battery aren't one of them. Batteries are cheap to replace, screens not so much.

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
I did that with my iPhone once, it had a warning icon on the screen and it said "iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it." I popped it into the freezer for 5 minutes, problem solved. I would refrain from leaving the DROID out in the heat.