Project Tango Shown Off in Holiday Team-Up of Target and Google Called 'Bullseye's Playground'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Target and Google teamed up to offer some intriguing holiday cheer for shoppers. They are using a virtual/augmented reality app designed specifically for Google's Project Tango. It will basically transform your Target retail store shopping experience into a winter wonderland.

Of course, for something using Google's most cutting edge (and unfinished) tech, it is very limited. You will only be able to demo the Project Tango augmented reality shopping experience at a few specific locations, and only at specific date and times. Here they are below,
  • Dec. 4-7, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
    • Sunnyvale Target, 298 W. McKinley Ave. Sunnyvale, CA
    • Chicago Near North Target, 2656 N. Elston Ave. Chicago, IL
  • Dec. 11-14, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
    • Dallas Cityplace Market Target, 2417 N. Haskell Ave. Dallas, TX
    • Roseville Target, 1515 County Road B W Roseville, MN
As a sidenote, you and your kids can still get in on some of the fun even if you can't make this locations at these times. You can still get the Bullseye’s Playground app for certain Android devices which will allow you to play six different games, including ice fishing, sledding and more.

On top of this, Target is actually donating $1 to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital for every game played (up to $1 Million). Here's a link to check out the Bullseye's Playground app: Bullseye s Playground

Source: BusinessWire

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Okay, that's really cool. This is obviously a spin off from the Moto X and the spotlight cartoons that are provided by Google. I thought spotlight was just incredible, but to see something actually transformed life through the camera such as what they are implying here with target should be even more amazing. I may just have to break out my 1st generation Moto X with the cracked screen and go take a trip to Target. This is obviously what they're hoping for!

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I saw this at my local Target but I was too busy grabbing paper towels to take notice but seems like fun. I did like Spotlight from Moto.