Project Ara Team shows Off Current Development Stage with Sizes of the Device

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 4, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254

It's easy to be impressed with the crazy stuff that Google is always working on. The company is simply not afraid to think way outside the box and come up with ideas that stretch the limits of the imagination. Project Ara is a fine example of "out of the box" thinking, and for those interested in how its development is progressing, you might enjoy the above video.

Not only do we get to meet the Project Ara team in this video, we also get to see the device in several of its various sizes and configurations. Here's a quote with a few more details,

What do you guys think of Project Ara? Is it too cool or just too out there?

Source: BGR

• Like Like x 1
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +934
    Hmmm....I consider my Rezound to be an almost ideal physical size (5.4" by 2.8"), so 3x6 is a bit large and 2x5 is a bit small. And, by the way OEM's, thinner is not an ergonomic complement to bigger screens - I noticed this when I got an extended battery and the added thickness actually made my Rezound more comfortable and easier to use with one hand.

Otherwise, I'm excited about the idea of upgradeable modules.

3. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +214
    Your Rezound isn't that big is it?
    5.08 x 2.58 x 0.54

I do like the size of the Rezound and that's probably one of the reason i got so attached to the Moto X
    5.09 x 2.57 x 0.41

4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +934
    Yeah, I guess I got the specs mixed up. I'd probably get the Moto X if it had an SD card, but I also really want a phone with 3 gigs of ram. I'm looking forward to a follow-up to the Moto X.

Search tags for this page

project ara