problems with the 2.2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneck3277

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems? My phone is so slow now its crazy, lost all my rintones. And the lay out on the home page stinks, I would like the little tab on the bottom back. Its like its to much for the phone or something is just so slow now. Any help???? Also if I mess up a post or something just asking for a little break never really been on a forum to much but I love my moto droid just wish it was faster agian

dylanthecat

Reaction score
It takes a bit after the update for the phone to settle down. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then reboot. Did you get the over the air update?

OP
R

redneck3277

Reaction score
Came through this morning asking me to update so I did. But wow, I wish I didn't. That was like 8 this morning. It like it freezes for a second all of the time. The home screen is bad to when u wake up the phone it take a while for the apps to show up on the screen. Everthing else just seems in slow motion all the time.

PARick

Reaction score
Someone said the majic is to reboot three time. Worth a try?

OP
R

redneck3277

Reaction score
Lol so just pull the battery out three times and its fixed????? That's it? Ill try it and see thanks

russmistro

Reaction score
I hate my droid now. Since the 2.2 update my pandora doesn't work..as in it won't play music at all. I can't play back any of my videos , I can't even record anymore bc everytime I try to press record the camera force closes. I want 2.1 back :(

sp90378

Reaction score
I like the new looks of 2.2, has 5 home screens now, but its slow in reloading the icons and such when leaving a full screen application such as pandora, and games and such. Its not all the time either, just half the time its really slow like that. Pandora runs fine still,,,got to love their widget, but I cant stand how slow it takes for the icons to load after leaving a full screen app. BTW I got the update via OTA on the 15th, and rooted it via the easy root app.
Any suggestions?

dwdlux

Reaction score
i hope this fits this thread, but i was rooted with sholesmod to 2.1 but i decided to unroot so i followed a youtube video that let me unroot successfully.

i wiped the cache and did the factory reset but when i attempted to manually update the 2.2 its saying sholesmod is still blocking the update.

i went through my sd card and deleted everything i could find related to sholesmod (there was only a couple things left) and tried again but it's still blocking the update........does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

OP
R

redneck3277

Reaction score
Just get worse as the days go by

Now almost every day my phone will freeze up after a call and have to pull the battery out and do a reset, this didnt happen before the update. The whole phones gone to crap after the new software i think, and they should fix it fast.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

OP
R

redneck3277

Reaction score
stay far,far away from the 2.2 update!!!

My phone and all apps are so slow now, ive started looking at new phones already. its bad really bad!!!

aundrea009

Reaction score
Much worse (x2)

My bf and I both have the original Droid. I got mine 2 days after launch he got his 5 months ago. He got his update on the 13th. Suffice it to say I was jealous.. (I got my phone first, mine should update first, right? Wrong. :rolleyes:) I finally got my 2.2 on the 18th and I was so excited! dancedroid

On the 19th, he started having freezing issues. It was fine for almost a week after the update and then the frozen part of FroYo kicked in. Now his phone barely boots up.

I felt really lucky because my phone was awesome and I was loving my update, until today, when my Droid started doing the same thing his was. :angry::angry: Freezing when I get a phone call, freezing when I touch the screen and freezing for any and all reasons. I can't even power down. I have to do a battery pull and sometimes it still won't boot up correctly. So much for "it gets better as time goes on" theory...

What gives? I LOVED my Droid but I'm not loving it now. Verizon/Motorola must rectify this issue!

We'll see if they can fix it..

:soapbox:(Rant over)

tinkeysmom

Reaction score
Before the update I could send numerous texts, talk on the phone for a little bit and the battery life was barely phased. Now it's worse. I do NOT like this upgrade! Any way to go back to the previous version??????

JeffyDVT

Reaction score
2.2 but no Flash? Seriously?!

I received my 2.2 update on my Moto Droid and so far I haven't noticed much of a difference, which is both good and bad.

What I have noticed is the one reason I was anticipating the 2.2 update was for the Flash support. I guess my phone does now support Flash, but... oh by the way... Flash isn't ready for my phone!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE 2.2 UPDATE AND ADOBE DIDN'T EVEN GET FLASH READY???!!!!

Otherwise, I feel like applications will automatically start running again after I've killed them with my task manager, causing my battery to drain quicker. Has anybody else noticed this? If so, is there something you had to do to change sync settings or anything else?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.