Problems with screen turning on

murawski1315

Reaction score
Ok, so this is very odd, and I have not found any other thread on here that had this problem.

Some background. Droid 2 (not global) that had been running the Liberty 2.0.1 ROM for the past 6 months or so with no complications. Then, about a week ago, I started having this very odd problem. The screen wouldn't turn on. Specifically, when I would hit the top button to turn on the screen, the backlight (and the backlight on the 4 android buttons) would light up, but the actual screen would not turn on and I couldn't activate anything by touch. After turning on the screen (and only seeing the backlight light up) three times, the screen would turn on and work normally. Sometimes it would come on the second time I turned the screen on, and sometimes it took four or five times. The point being, I can never get the screen to turn on the first try.

In an effort to rectify the situation I restored my backup to pre-Liberty stock rom. No dice. Then I sbf'ed to the froyo and then to gingerbread stock rom. Still no help. Everything works great once I get the screen to come on, but it just wont come on the first time! To me, this is one of two problems. The first is that I have some sort of hardware problem that is causing errors and stealing processor cycles preventing the phone from booting up the gui quickly, and the other is that there is some sort of software virus (although with sbf this should have been eradicated).

Any suggestions? I am out of idea. Thanks all!