Problems with Refurbish Incredible from Verizon

milton1964

Reaction score
I got a question for anybody that has had this problem. I got a refurbish Inc. from Verizon, and first it does not run as fast as my first one. It can not be clock over 1300. My old Inc. could be over clock at 1500. 2nd with my new phone it would not let my flash certain Roms like (redemption,cm6, and so fourth). It would let me flash (Skyraider, ruby, Frankenrom) with know problems. I know all phones are not alike, but its bothering me with my old phone I could put any Rom and it would work. Any idea whats going on.

egobuster1

Reaction score
are you running the right baseband version and everything. also the new one might be preloaded with froyo so youll have to re root with unrevoked

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Think we also mentioned this on IncFor, but if you start trying to run the phone OC'd to 1500, you are going to have problems. You'll probably overheat it and kill it, also. The phone simply should not be run that high.

OP
M

milton1964

Reaction score
are you running the right baseband version and everything. also the new one might be preloaded with froyo so youll have to re root with unrevoked
Sorry just got back from work. Yea i'm running the lastest baseband and I check it to see if it had 2.2. it had 2.1. rooted got s-off on the new phone. It just picky on what rom to work. On my old phone I got flash any rom and it would work.

OP
M

milton1964

Reaction score
yes try all that. Like I said it has to be the new phone. With my old Inc I could flash any rom and it would load up like a champ. But this phone I have even problems flashing certain kernels.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Honestly, that doesn't sound as much like there is a problem with your phone as your rooting process possibly getting corrupted. Try sending a PM to doug piston if he doesn't show up and see what he says.

OP
M

milton1964

Reaction score
Thanks Jk it's confusing doesn't make sense. I'll PM Doug and see if he could figure does out. By the way maybe a dumb question what does PM stand for.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Thanks Jk it's confusing doesn't make sense. I'll PM Doug and see if he could figure does out. By the way maybe a dumb question what does PM stand for.

Sorry, that's private message. Look at the left side and you will see an option to send a private message to another member. Bring that up and start typing in doug piston. It should start coming up automatically.

OP
M

milton1964

Reaction score
Hey sorry to get of the subject just flash the update from ruby for the Inc. 1.1.1 and it rocks. Just got a 1573 Quad.