Did Verizon sell me a refurbished phone?

secondfall

Reaction score
I just bought what I thought was a brand new droid incredible yesterday. Today I was playing around with it and noticed while using the Maps application that there were locations in the search history that I had not searched for myself. One of these locations was "Bulbtronics Inc., 1054 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Hollywood CA 90038.

I guess I'm wondering if other Incredible owners have noticed search history in their Maps application when their phones were brand new, possibly even the same addresses.. my bottom line is, does this sound like someone could have used this phone, returned it to verizon, and verizon then sold it to me as new? Any help would be appreciated!

alexdeluxe

Reaction score
I doubt it. I'm sure they opened it up to show someone who was interested in the phone and they didn't end up getting it but played with the maps function. I mean, they wouldn't just throw away the phone and were probably too lazy to erase whatever the customer did.

rmreid

Reaction score
The 2 DInc refurbs I've received have only come in a bubble envelope without any accessories and no fancy retail box.
If you ordered it online, highly unlikely, if you picked it up in a Vzn store I would still think it would be new as they can show customers working demo units, but crazier things have happened I'm sure.

Good luck with your phone