Problems when running Navigation

Hiroller173

Reaction score
I'm using CM6.0.0 with Slayher's 1200 kernal. Running great and cool - unless I'm running Navigator in the car dock. The temperature jumps up over 130 - today I saw it hit 148 - and sometimes it starts bootlooping. I'm doing further testing because it may only occur when it's plugged into the cigarette lighter at the same time.

Granted I'm in Florida and the windshield is in the sun, but 148 should just not happen. Took it out, put it in my shirt pocket and almost burned my nip!!:icon_eek:

brochaos

Reaction score
setcpu profiles are your friend? if you keep it plugged in to a charger while in your car there is a profile for that and also you need a max temp profile as well...

OP
H

Hiroller173

Reaction score
I use setcpu but don't have anything special for car dock with the charger plugged in. I DO have a temp setting to bring the speed down.

Seems though that this would be treating the symptom. I'm wondering if there is a Froyo or CM issue with navigation on charger in the car dock. I know the navigation and maps pop up as an issue from time to time with ROMs and updates. Is anyone else using the navigation hard in the car dock with the charger? I don't want to buy a new GPS but this problem is pushing me in that direction - or towards a different ROM. Don't want to do that - been a CM fan for a long time now.

mjones73

Reaction score
Set a profile to limit your top speed while charging. I usually limit mind to 600-700 max and it works fine with Nav.

brochaos

Reaction score
it's just a matter of heat dude. that thing has no room to breath while it's in the car dock, it's also in the direct sunlight, which just magnifies the heat.

king_43

Reaction score
Thats why I got the thing that clips into your AC vent and holds your phone. LOVE IT.. 19.99 from staples.. works great and all i gotta do is turn my vent on :) and instant AC right on my phone, after i take it off the holder my cpu temp is wayyy low :)