problem with handcent....LED not working

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
downloaded handcent which i used on my D2G and loved. Went in to the notification settings and tried to adjust the color of the LED and it wont work, furthermore its not coming on at all when i hit "test notification".

Is this related to the D3 not being completely compatible yet or is it the phone?

thanks in advance

B

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think it might be a compatibility thing. I know GOsms works on mine though. Switched to GO a while ago. Has many of the same features as handcent might want to give it a try.

end of line...

OP
BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
I think it might be a compatibility thing. I know GOsms works on mine though. Switched to GO a while ago. Has many of the same features as handcent might want to give it a try.

end of line...
worked like a charm. is there a way to make the LED stay on constantly?

B

Aiesline

Reaction score
I noticed with handcent the led only comes on after the screen times off.

Hope this helps

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
didnt come on at all for me on my D3

B
fixed issue with handcent. apparently on the D3's you cant not have the LED to be constantly on. it has to blink. switch setting from default to normal and it works now

just and FYI

I'm glad you figured it out. I use handcent on my Droid and might be picking up a D3 soon and would prefer to continue to use handcent.

OP
BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
didnt come on at all for me on my D3

B
fixed issue with handcent. apparently on the D3's you cant not have the LED to be constantly on. it has to blink. switch setting from default to normal and it works now

just and FYI

I'm glad you figured it out. I use handcent on my Droid and might be picking up a D3 soon and would prefer to continue to use handcent.

I used GO SMS Pro since i got my D3 but there was something about it i didnt like and now the phone is kicking the icons off the screen. either its the app or the phone and as thats the only app it has happened to im going to say its not the phone

B

cparknson

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble with the keyboard lights not staying on constantly once handcent is installed? Mine will come on and go off and on and off. Does it on all programs with it installed. Emails and everything I use the keyboard for. Verizon even sent a replacement phone and it does the same thing and I got a D3 for my wife as well, installed Handcent like we have used on our D1's and D2's and now hers does it too. Anyone know of a fix or also having this problem?