Problem with contacts

Squeak87

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the Razr MAXX so I am still getting used to it, but I seem to have a problem setting a contact as a favorite. When I try to add someone it adds a random other person instead. Also, I can't seem to get any of my accounts to sync contacts except backup assistance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you meaning when you try to star a contact as a favorite for the pull down favorite contacts widget?

Yours is adding people other than the contact you tried to add?

Another situation I've had is where you add a contact, and it actually removes another contact, while never adding the contact you tried to add.
Back up all of your data first.....then...
Before proceeding, you may want to go into settings, storage, unmount SD card. And remove your SD, just to be safe.

For both of these situations, I've had to do a factory reset, go into: settings, privacy, factory data reset. Erase all.

This is the only thing I've personally found that will fix this issue. Happened to my newest maxx(I own 2) right out of the box..
Hope this helps??
DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
Thank you for the info! I am also having trouble syncing my Facebook contacts to my existing contacts. Not a big issue but still be cool to figure out.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
For Facebook.. go into my accounts. Make sure Facebook is added to the phone, not the android app, then go into contacts, display options, go down to Facebook and tap on it. Make sure that all is marked. Then it should sync.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And your welcome!! :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad I could help :)