Facebook contacts issue, plz help me remove them

Catzcradle

Reaction score
Hello all, I just upgraded to the new droid maxx version 6.16.211....and did not want to sync my facebook contacts to populate my phone, but they have and now I have over 2000 contacts... :icon_eek: how can I remove all facebook contacts from my phone and prevent them from coming back? Any help would be greatly appreciated :question:

DocsDad

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen. Just open the FB app and go to settings. The last option is Sync. Choose "Don't Sync" and it will remove them from the phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What ^^^ said... also go into people , options, contacts to display, tap on phone or Gmail, which ever you had it using before :)

OP
C

Catzcradle

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen. Just open the FB app and go to settings. The last option is Sync. Choose "Don't Sync" and it will remove them from the phone.

Thank you! So when it next synchronizes will it then remove the facebook contacts, because they are all still there after doing the steps ^ and a restart on my phone? Appreciate you help :)

OP
C

Catzcradle

Reaction score
What ^^^ said... also go into people , options, contacts to display, tap on phone or Gmail, which ever you had it using before :)

Thank you I needed the second part answer, combined with the first answer to do the trick. Thank you so much! Happy me!

adeis

Reaction score
Hello all, I just upgraded to the new droid maxx version 6.16.211....and did not want to sync my facebook contacts to populate my phone, but they have and now I have over 2000 contacts... :icon_eek: how can I remove all facebook contacts from my phone and prevent them from coming back? Any help would be greatly appreciated :question:

Mine was already clicked to "don't sync"; however, they are all still there, staring me square in the face. I'm quite sick of butt-dialing some random guy with whom I went to high school. ARGH!! This is a HUGE problem and I am so annoyed with Facebook for automatically syncing my contacts. Seriously?!?!?!?!
Thanks for any input! I'm quite literally pulling out my hair. Well, figuratively. Figuratively pulling out my hair. LOL!
AnnMarie

jerry12

Reaction score
Mine was already clicked to "don't sync"; however, they are all still there, staring me square in the face. I'm quite sick of butt-dialing some random guy with whom I went to high school. ARGH!! This is a HUGE problem and I am so annoyed with Facebook for automatically syncing my contacts. Seriously?!?!?!?!
Thanks for any input! I'm quite literally pulling out my hair. Well, figuratively. Figuratively pulling out my hair. LOL!
AnnMarie
Try going in your account setting on the phone and see if you don't see it there.