Exchange ActiveSync contact photos on Razr Maxx

ScottreyDroid

Reaction score
Recently upgraded from HTC Droid Incredible to the Razr Maxx. Love the battery life. However, I've noticed that with the stock Moto Contacts app, the photos that are associated with my Exchange/Outlook contacts don't appear in my contacts on the Razr Maxx. I only get photos from Facebook contacts. This worked fine on the dInc. I'm wondering whether other Maxx owners are seeing the same thing. I know I can copy the contact photos to the Maxx and manually associate them with the contacts, but I was hoping to avoid all that extra work since they're already associated within Outlook. If the stock Contacts app won't do this, what 3rd party apps can any of you recommend that will sync the Exchange/Outlook contact photos?

Thanks!

OP
S

ScottreyDroid

Reaction score
Any Razr Maxx owners out there that are using the stock Contacts app to sync (activesync) with Outlook 2010 and are able to see their contact photos on their Maxx? Just trying to figure out whether my Maxx is functioning as designed or something is wrong. Thanks.

mleber

Reaction score
Unless I am connected to someone on linkedin, I can't see any photos either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

RazrMaxxOwner

Reaction score
I use outlook all the time, but my contacts are all old fashioned, I don't have any photos of them unless they are linkedin contacts.

OP
S

ScottreyDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, mleber and RazrMaxxOwner. It looks like the Razr Maxx stock Contacts app is treating ActiveSync contacts differently than it treats contacts from FaceBook, LinkedIn, etc., with regard to the contact photos.

Are there any Razr Maxx owners out there who are using Touchdown and have ActiveSync contacts with photos? I'm wondering whether Touchdown or other 3rd-party apps will sync the ActiveSync contact photos.

OP
S

ScottreyDroid

Reaction score
UPDATE: Installed the Touchdown demo and it syncs the contact photos just fine. In fact, the stock Contacts app now includes the photos, which tells me that the stock Contacts app is taking advantage of Touchdown's sync adapter. Guess I'll be ponying up to purchase Touchdown when the demo is set to expire.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I started using Touchdown when I got this new job, and it has been great. I have two boxes setup and it works flawlessly, yeah 20 bucks is harsh but worth it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
One thing I don't like about it that I have not found a setting to change or turn off. Is the fact that it downloads all the attachments from emails to my Gallery, so I end up with a bunch of different folders with small pictures in it and have to go and delete them. Course there could be a setting somewhere that I have just not found and need to turn off.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sydman said:
One thing I don't like about it that I have not found a setting to change or turn off. Is the fact that it downloads all the attachments from emails to my Gallery, so I end up with a bunch of different folders with small pictures in it and have to go and delete them. Course there could be a setting somewhere that I have just not found and need to turn off.

You may have to navigate to the actual folder with attachments via a file manager and place a ".nomedia" file in there, it should keep them out of the gallery.

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You may have to navigate to the actual folder with attachments via a file manager and place a ".nomedia" file in there, it should keep them out of the gallery.

I think that would work but it creates a new randomly numbered folder each time.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sydman said:
I think that would work but it creates a new randomly numbered folder each time.

In the gallery and if you search via a file manager?
Weird

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah it makes a new folder for each email it downloads pictures from, and then just numbers the folders like 1200, 1283.

jerkwad

Reaction score
Yeah it makes a new folder for each email it downloads pictures from, and then just numbers the folders like 1200, 1283.

Put the .nomedia file at the root of the dir where the folders are being created. It should be recursive! Clear your gallery cache and reboot. I've done this many times in the past.

Recommendation 1: install Quickpic from the market. It lets you select which Folders it displays. Much nicer UI too!

Recommendation 2: check out "enhanced email" on the market. I use it instead of touchdown... Works very well and cheaper and a fair amount of updates. Doesn't do the stupid picture download thing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I use Quickpic already, it is a great program.