Problem w/ touchscreen freezing.

warlokk08

Reaction score
I got my first Droid, the D2G about 6 weeks ago. I had to take it back due to getting VERY hot and they replaced it and now there are a couple small, but annoying problems with this one. I can be doing anything (surfing the net, calling someone, etc.) and my touchscreen will just "freeze." The only thing to "unfreeze" it is turn the screen off then back on. I've also had a little lagging, but I can deal with that, but if there is a fix I would love to know. Any info on my touchscreen freezing would be greatly appreciated. I am VERY new to these phones, so don't laugh when you explain a fix and i have no clue what you're talking about :).

Thanks,
Josh

tebower

Reaction score
Android multi-tasks, so you should check what apps you have running at the same time that you experience this issue. (Task Manager in the app drawer). Kill off things that show high memory or CPU usage that you don't need, and then try to recreate the issue.

When all else fails, a factory reset has been known to cure a variety of ills. I'm a happy factory-resetter after my music kept locking up.

vintage2714

Reaction score
My screen froze a few times and when I was Texting one day the the screen was jumping around.

It started very fast typing by itself the only thing that made it stop was taking out the battery. Hasn't happend since my phone runs very hot sometimes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
W

warlokk08

Reaction score
They did mention taking out the battery and putting it back in when the first one did this. The one that got hot that I took back did this same thing also. My brothers does this too, but not as often. I did take out the battery once, but it may have been on the first D2G, so i'll do it on this one to make sure. Thanks for all the help guys, it is much appreciated.

Josh

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
What are you installing or running? This phone really doesn't need any over-clocking for pretty much any task. If you are having issues, buy Titanium Backup Pro and freeze all non-essential apps (link) then reboot. That will limit many running apps.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
heating can cause problems, but be sure to stop/end all other apps you maybe running in the background same time. and yes watch over clocking. good luck

Aloha from Hawaii