Quality control problems?

elydoug

Reaction score
Ok, I really want to try out this phone to replace my Storm 1. The Storm has been a great phone. Those who disliked it may have jumped ship before adequate software was available. I am currently running OS .973 ( it shipped with .065!) I just got my replacement D2G because the first one I got froze on the Moto screen after about 24 hours of use. Today I got the replacement phone and the touchscreen doesn't work!!! Got with tech and did batt pull, hard reset and the screen will not respond. I remember with the Storm that there were some problems with the phones assembled in Mexico vs. those assembled in Canada. Mine was Canadian and I have not had any problems for the past 2 years. Is there something similar going on with these?

R Droid

Reaction score
I've activated 15 - 20 for our company since the D2G release and have had no issues.

OP
E

elydoug

Reaction score
I've activated 15 - 20 for our company since the D2G release and have had no issues.

Wow. I just figured that I had to be doing something wrong, but I got these on the BOGO deal and my son's (which I activated) is working fine. The odds are not good for me. Another problem is that my credit card is now almost $1000 (for just the cost of the phones) and they have not gotten the first one back yet!:blackberry:

tebower

Reaction score
I understand your frustrations. They were entirely separate issues (one a software problem, and the other a screen issue), so that's not enough to call it a widespread QA problem. Exchange it one last time, and you will be golden. It does suck it has taken that many. It's a great product, as many many happy users will testify (including me!).