Droid 2 Global reoccuring touchscreen issues

TEHBUCKFUTTER

Reaction score
This is my second "like-new refirbushed" replacement that verizon sent me.
My first phone got dropped in a puddle after a hockey game. It had worked perfectly :'(
The first one was returned due to the screen "Ghost touching".
It would just do nonstop clicking all over the screen, rendering it useless. The rep at the verizon store said that the touchscreen has "Gone bad" (It was getting worse and worse over the course of a month) and that wiping the phone or anything could not fix it.

Now my second phone is a little bit more complicated.
Sometimes when i turn the screen on, it does not sense my touch at all. No matter how much how hard or what area of the screen i press on.
And something when i turn the screen on, it barely senses my touch. It will faintly recognze my touch, then just hold my touch there, even if i take my finger off the screen.:icon_evil:
And sometimes it works perfectly.

This problem has also been getting worse ever since i got this phone, about three months ago. But now it's getting out of hand, and it only works as it should 20% of the time, except it seems for when i want to show it to people, then it is perfect.
This is really frustrating and i can almost never answer calls. verizon dropped my insuranse because i have already returned two phones. What can i do?
I've tried wiping the phone, using different roms (I am currently on HeXen 1.0.1), deleting all of my apps, nearly everything i can think of. I don't think that it is a hardware issuse this time, because it does work normally sometimes.....SMH.
And when it is plugged in to my brothers blackberry charger (My like new charger doesn't charge the phone at all, it suddenly stopped working?) my touchscreen becomes demented and unuseable.

Soap

Reaction score
If you can fix the "ghost touch" by restart the screen, take it easy,my friend. I have the same issue when I touch my screen with wet hands. Every time I hold it to face, it will perform "ghost touch" due to my sweat on face.
Try to make the screen clean. I also think that maybe the static electric on hands can cause it.

OP
T

TEHBUCKFUTTER

Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed that while my hands are sweaty, my screen is unuseable.
But everything described above happens while my hands and screen are clean. I'm going to put a screen cover on my phone since the first phone that I had that didn't have any probleems had one. Mabye that's it.

JoeHockey

Reaction score
My daughter's 4th D2G will be arriving today from vzw. The original phone had the "ghost touching" to the point where you could just watch it type away all by itself for 5-10 seconds after she'd touch it. Phone #2 was DOA, phone #3 was not in great shape but appeared to be functional until just recently when it developed the same problem and it being returned. It this a common problem with the d2g? Vzw actually offered to send her a X2 but she wanted the real keyboard...is there a flaw that they know about?

JoeHockey

Reaction score
my daughters phone is almost never in USB mode and I've seen it happen when the phone is not plugged into anything. Just got the refurb and it looks pristine so we'll see how this one works out.

MeHappy

Reaction score
I don't have this problem as of now, and but one time my friend liked my screen for a good 30 seconds and it did that for about 10 minutes, and until I wiped of the screen with a damp paper towel. I do think it has something to do with water/saliva/sweat.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Benton

Reaction score
I have found, especially during the most recent heat wave in the east that the screen when hot and possibly with my hands hot (body heat elevated), the screen will not respond to my touch. Once things cool down all goes back to normal and the screen works great. Since things are not easily repeatable I cannot troubleshoot this any further but I do believe there is a correlation between temperature and humidity (moisture) and screen trouble.

mike_merryguy

Reaction score
they may have dropped your insurance but I think the refurb phones come with a 90 day warrenty, don't fold for them, call back and complain until they send you a new phone, sounds like you got my wifes old d2g, screen just quit working and we sent it in, she is on her 4th or 5th d2g right now seems to be okay SO FAR, I have been lucky still on same one since december, my screen sometimes acts up and phone randomly reboots, did a factory reset and seems to not be doing it as much, I think an AP was causing my problems, some that run all the time tend to cause bugs... now I am running my phone about a week at a time then installing an ap to see which one was causing the problem

hgrimberg

Reaction score
I am also tired of not being able to use my phone every time I have sweaty hands. I wonder if the iphone has the same issue or their touchscreen technology is better handling this problem.

JoeHockey

Reaction score
my daughters phone is almost never in USB mode and I've seen it happen when the phone is not plugged into anything. Just got the refurb and it looks pristine so we'll see how this one works out.

Update on d2g #4 having some ghost screen issues and reboots...am ready to either flash it and see if that takes care of the problem or call VZW and scream until they give her a d3. :icon_evil: