Problem not involving explosions

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
When I first got my Note 7 i saw a setting that allowed my to have a trusted nearby thing so that it would not constantly lock. Is there something that would allow me to have it stay unlocked when on my home WiFi or something similar? The iris security takes forever to work if it does and if I'm having a text conversation I am continually having to unlock it over and over. I had to turn off security to make it usable last night. well that removed my card from Android pay. I also thought I saw something that told me it would stay unlocked for a specific time if desired. Anyone got a solution?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You're looking for Smart Lock in your settings. Not sure where exactly it'll be on the Note. Security or Screen Lock or similar?

Can't do it by wifi AFAIK, but you can do it by location, bluetooth devices, and I believe it also has on-body detection.

I use location for my house. It works pretty well. Occasionally, it'll ask me for my fingerprint at home. And the radius is fairly big, but not like someone would get to the end of the block and still be able to get into the phone. I use my AW watch and my BT connector in my truck as trusted devices as well, so I don't have to put in my PIN or use my fingerprint MOST of the time, but if someone wandered off with my phone, it'd lock itself right up.

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
You're looking for Smart Lock in your settings. Not sure where exactly it'll be on the Note. Security or Screen Lock or similar?

Can't do it by wifi AFAIK, but you can do it by location, bluetooth devices, and I believe it also has on-body detection.

I use location for my house. It works pretty well. Occasionally, it'll ask me for my fingerprint at home. And the radius is fairly big, but not like someone would get to the end of the block and still be able to get into the phone. I use my AW watch and my BT connector in my truck as trusted devices as well, so I don't have to put in my PIN or use my fingerprint MOST of the time, but if someone wandered off with my phone, it'd lock itself right up.
Thanks. Hopefully I have set it up again the way I wanted it. I was trying to find the setting after I had gotten frustated and with just swipe activated the smart lock was not available. Live and learn!