Problem Flashing Droid X sbf

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by cantcatchme939, Aug 22, 2010.

1. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Hey guys, I've been having some problems getting my X to boot past the M logo lately. I've tried flashing it using RSD Lite which seems to work well until it gets to the re-enumerating part where it pauses at 100% for a few mins then says it failed.

Im using a pretty old xp desktop which freezes up after every try and needs to be rebooted. I'm downloading ubuntu on my macbook though so I can try the linux method.

I'm pretty tech savvy but relatively new to android and any help will be appreciated sooo thanks

EDIT: Solved
    I installed Linux through VMWare and ran the commands shown on rootzwiki and all went well. But make sure you also run "chmod +x sbf_flash" and run the last command as sudo.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. Zahoor

Zahoor New Member

make sure the files r in the right place, also wipe cache and factory reset in the recovery that worked for me
  3. cantcatchme939

Everything is in the right place and i did put the patched file in Program Files/Motorola/RSD Lite. Also I read that putting the sbf file on the root of your C drive and shortening its name to something like dx.sbf helps so I tried those but still nothing...

And I also tried the cache wipe and factory reset but cant even get my dx to boot normally after both of those.
  4. truckrod

truckrod New Member

i just flashed my x and all wint good ! go to this forum !(Unbricking Your Droid X good info ! and did u get the zip file named Phoxos_-_Droid_X_Gift.zip and just exstract it dont rename n put it in user name if thats ure set up if not just c:\
  5. cantcatchme939

I'll go check that out thanks, and yes that is the zip I had. I originally had it unzipped on my desktop but I read a tip somewhere that it would work for others when they put it in the root of their C drive so I figured I'd try it too.
  6. cantcatchme939

Problem solved, posted solution to original post.
  7. raw33

raw33 New Member

Sbf fail

My friend had a rooted Droid X and he needed to return it to stock so that we could send it in for a replacement from Verizon. I have had experience with RSD Lite on my Droid 2 and never had a problem flashing an SBF until I'm working with someone else's phone (of course).
    I first tried flashing a SBF that he found named VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01. It ended up Failing at the Download RAM step. I tried it 3-4 more times with no luck, but once it did say PASS but still would not reboot, only takes me to the Bootloader.
    After trying that SBF, I read that maybe another SBF file would work. I downloaded VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01 and tried flashing that this morning and still no luck.

I have RSD Lite 4.9, ran as administrator.
    Bootloader says:
    Bootloader
    Err:A5,70,70,00,00

MEM_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Transfer Mode: USB

Thanks in advance for the help!
  8. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

For the full current 2.3.340 sbf go to mydroidworld.com. under the Droid x discussions page there is a sticky for the full sbf. Download that one and flash it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  9. danCBR1Krr

danCBR1Krr New Member

Just for future reference, do you need a pc in order to do an sbf? I have never needed to sbf but it seems like something everyone with a rooted/romed phone should know. I am wondering if I can perform it from my macbook.
  10. raw33

raw33 New Member

You rock man thanks! dancedroiddancedroid
Search tags for this page

droid x sbf flash

sbf error on my droid x

tried every sbf file unable to flash droid x

xsbf