nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I made a private mode password and then turned private mode off. Now when I go to turn private mode on the password isn't working and I can't figure out a way to reset the password.

Does anyone know what to do?

I have read on other forums that other people have had this problem with the password they created not working afterwards but no one has an answer.

Any suggestions? Any one else experiencing this problem?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Are you using fingerprint + a password?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
  • Turn this on in: Settings > Private Mode
  • Select Unlock Method > Fingerprint
  • Long press a file/image, choose settings, select “Move to Private” (Private Mode must be on to do this)
  • Turn Private Mode off and all files moved to private will be invisible
  • Turn Private Mode on and – only after confirming your fingerprint – all files, including those that are private, will be visible

Private Mode being on/off can be a little confusing since you could assume when you’re in private mode that things would be kept private. Instead it means you’re accessing your private content. It’s easy to remember after once habit kicks in.

RhythmBrown

Reaction score
Im sorry but that is not what Joe is looking for. He is having the same problem I am. We created password only to access private mode and now when you try to turn it on it asks for that password. However, the password created is not working. So you cant turn on private mode to change anything. At least not through the steps you have given.

• Turn this on in: Settings > Private Mode
  • Select Unlock Method > Fingerprint
  • Long press a file/image, choose settings, select “Move to Private” (Private Mode must be on to do this)
  • Turn Private Mode off and all files moved to private will be invisible
  • Turn Private Mode on and – only after confirming your fingerprint – all files, including those that are private, will be visible

Private Mode being on/off can be a little confusing since you could assume when you’re in private mode that things would be kept private. Instead it means you’re accessing your private content. It’s easy to remember after once habit kicks in.

RhythmBrown

Reaction score
Hi. I ended up just doing a hard rest. If you decide to go that route make sure you back up your phone using Kies. I downloaded on my computer from Samsung.

I made a private mode password and then turned private mode off. Now when I go to turn private mode on the password isn't working and I can't figure out a way to reset the password.

Does anyone know what to do?

I have read on other forums that other people have had this problem with the password they created not working afterwards but no one has an answer.

Any suggestions? Any one else experiencing this problem?

oxlisamariexo

Reaction score
Hi. I ended up just doing a hard rest. If you decide to go that route make sure you back up your phone using Kies. I downloaded on my computer from Samsung.

Were you able to recover your private files from the back up? I'm having the same password issue.
Thanks!