Pretty cool apps people!

Diordna

Reaction score
Just a few apps I'd like to point out for you guys to try and discuss.

Remote for itunes- It's well, a remote for your itunes! It just pops up on itunes and it's a remote control while you're away or browsing and don't feel like going all the way to the itunes window, doing all the work to change a whole song, then ALL the way back to the browser again. You can also simply browse songs/ artists/ ect from the phone and choose!

Swype- The BEST way to type, PERIOD. Best way to do it, I'll be nice and give you a straight shot to it here:

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/03/08/swype-beta-apk-file-for-those-who-missed-it/

Google Earth- Well I run a regular "boring" unrooted phone and found a real easy way to get this on your phone. It runs great for me and it's a great app for showing off! It's awesome.

Magic Eye 3D- Well, it's just cool I guess. I was entertained for awhile. Just do it, it's worth it.

Gesture Search- AWESOME! Just got this and this makes browsing through your WHOLE phone very easy and fast!! If you don't have this get it like, right now. You'll see exactly what I mean right when you test it out.

3D pong- um yeah, anyone want to play? Just putting it up here cause well, it's alright and it's an IP multiplayer game. lol

ColorNote- Write notes and they will stick to your homescreen like sticky notes! Choose your color ect, great for nice quick note taking app, and cool.

Cestos/HomerunBattle3D/ExZues/Cavedroid- All best games I think, out of the bunch I have. Try any of these you don't have.

My Lock- Awesome widget/app to have because the lock screen pisses me off a lot so this disables that.

Pickup Lines- Yeah.... you WILL learn a thing, or two.. no, just a funny app and there are a lot of good stuff on there lol

Apex Uninstaller- NEED this for awesome batch uninstalling!! Do it now!

WikiMobile- Awesome encyclopedia right there on the home screen!

Shazam- well everyone should have this so no explanation here... if you don't have it I'm very sorry for you

Google Sky Map- Everyone knows what this is too, if you don't then that is a big hint.

Cube Clock- It's just a cool toy for you to play with. It shows the time but you can play with the 3D-ness!! It's pretty cool I think!

Gmote- Just plain amazing! Control your computer with the droid! Open files on your computer from the droid like pictures ect. Control the cursor on your computer from your droid even! And type with the droids keyboard and watch the letters come up on the computer! Be 10 feet away from the computer and have the same 100% control over it.

Practice Makes Perfect- Just putting this up cause I'm sure a lot don't know about this. Pretty much you can select a song of yours and separate it into sections or just have one part of the song (like chorus or something) and it allows you so you can play your selected part only instead of trying to find that spot in the whole song or starting it over.

PP-Electone- If you like music at all, or like messing around with those piano's that have a LOT of weird sounds that sound cool! Try this out! It's entertaining (:)

SlideType Keyboard- A different way to type when you're in the mood. It has things I like than other ones I use. It's just different than any keyboard I've seen and it's a great concept and it works.

Toss It: Preview- Kind of an addictive game, it has you playing for a long time. If you like those games where you can just turn on and off fast and easy and it's still real entertaining then get this VERY simple fun game.

I have a lot more apps but for now thats all I feel like sharing. Tell me if you liked any of my suggestions! Hope I helped

Last edited:
OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Guys, I don't use slideit, I just thought it was interesting.
I LOVE swype but it expired on me so I'm going to try and get the new beta thing or whatever but hope it works, I really miss swype.

Rawson

Reaction score
do any of you guys know any good apps for email? The one that came with the droid takes way to long refresh and half the time i get an error message. I use hotmail so if you know of any that sync with it that would be great.

Thanks

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Guys, I don't use slideit, I just thought it was interesting.
I LOVE swype but it expired on me so I'm going to try and get the new beta thing or whatever but hope it works, I really miss swype.

Swype and SlideIT are both Awesome apps. I prefer Swype but i also have the paid version of SlideIT.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do any of you guys know any good apps for email? The one that came with the droid takes way to long refresh and half the time i get an error message. I use hotmail so if you know of any that sync with it that would be great.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, Rawson! How'd you set up your Hotmail account? I used this method and have had no problems for months now. The same set up works if you have a Windows Live email account, too. It's worth a shot...

EMAIL SETUP for POP3 ACCOUNTS: Hotmail POP3 (non-root solution)

1. From the home screen, pull up the applications tab (at the bottom of the screen)
2. Touch Mail
3. Touch Manual Setup at the bottom left corner
4. In the incoming server settings, enter the details as follows:
Username: [email protected] (enter your complete hotmail address)
Password: enter your hotmail password
POP3 server: pop3.live.com
Port: 995
Security type: SSL
5. Touch Next to continue to SMTP Server Settings and enter the details as follows:
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Port: 587
Security type: TLS (and check mark “Require sign-in”)
Username: [email protected] (enter your complete hotmail address again)
Password: enter your hotmail password again
6. Touch Next
7. Fill out your personal information (Name etc.)
(If you are having problems be sure that WiFi is turned OFF then try again)

Rawson

Reaction score
that did it, not sure what i messed up but that fixed it! thanks so much

GerryG35

Reaction score
I just wanted to add my thanks for your post. I often check the 'just in' apps in the market but your post has some apps I haven't seen. I know it was a lot of work to prepare the post and I appreciate that you shared your finds!

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
I just wanted to add my thanks for your post. I often check the 'just in' apps in the market but your post has some apps I haven't seen. I know it was a lot of work to prepare the post and I appreciate that you shared your finds!

No problem!
I just thought I had several apps that most people don't know about so I wanted to give my finds and hope you liked several ones I posted. Thanks for the appreciation! :)

Endat

Reaction score
Google Earth- Well I run a regular "boring" unrooted phone and found a real easy way to get this on your phone. It runs great for me and it's a great app for showing off! It's awesome.

Could you share this "easy way". I have been looking but I seem to be to dense to find it.