Preferred setcpu settings - droid pro

smurphy923

Reaction score
So I just reinstalled setcpu, I used to have it on my droid eris, but I was wondering what the preferred settings for the best use out of it and not slow it down at all.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

StingRay

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with SetCPU on my Pro, but haven't seen a huge advantage in having it since there is no ability to overclock the Pro...

My profile settings on SetCPU simply back the processor speed back a bit when charging, screen off, or if the temperature goes way up....may help my battery a bit but not really noticeable...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I haven't had any problems with SetCPU on my Pro, but haven't seen a huge advantage in having it since there is no ability to overclock the Pro...

My profile settings on SetCPU simply back the processor speed back a bit when charging, screen off, or if the temperature goes way up....may help my battery a bit but not really noticeable...

The advantage for some is underclocking to in attempt to extend battery life.

No problems with SetCPU here either. It's great. The best settings really depend on what you're wanting to get out of using it. You won't be able to overclock with it, but you can underclock. Underclocking can affect performance though.

StingRay

Reaction score
That's where I've used it....backing it down a bit during charging and while the screen is off seems to help on the battery life....

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Yep - no problems here either. I have a profile to underclock when screen is off:
max and min set to 300000
scaling ondemand
priority 100

google123

Reaction score
When I had my Pro rooted pre-GB, I ran 2 profiles.

1. All the time. 800max/300min
2. Screen Off. 300max/300min