Pre-order for the Nexus 5x and 6P are up

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nexus-5x-nexus-6p-w782.jpg

Google Store - Nexus, Chromecast and more

Google Store - Nexus, Chromecast and more

Are you ordering now or are you going to wait for reviews?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was going to order the 6p but at $638 I may hold off.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-09-29 13.39.44.png
    Screenshot 2015-09-29 13.39.44.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 215

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Was that a typo I saw on the 5P - why would they only give it 2GB ram? That's inexcusable, and not like it's a mid-tier phone with the 820 processor.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm staying put with Nexus 6..IMO unless you looking to go small why get one

S6E+ tapatalk

Agree.

When I look at the specs of the 5X (Google Officially Unveils Nexus 5X; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date | Android Forum at DroidForums.net)

and 6P (Google Officially Unveils Nexus 6P; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date | Android Forum at DroidForums.net)

I just do not see yet a reason to switch from my Nexus 6.

Now I did want to go to a smaller phone and the nexus 5 X at 5.2 was a sweet spot but I dont know about the 2 gb of ram.

We will have to see but right now im likely going to wait it out.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Agree.

When I look at the specs of the 5X (Google Officially Unveils Nexus 5X; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date | Android Forum at DroidForums.net)

and 6P (Google Officially Unveils Nexus 6P; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date | Android Forum at DroidForums.net)

I just do not see yet a reason to switch from my Nexus 6.

Now I did want to go to a smaller phone and the nexus 5 X at 5.2 was a sweet spot but I dont know about the 2 gb of ram.

We will have to see but right now im likely going to wait it out.

I'd definitely wait on some reviews and hands on b4 you decide

S6E+ tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I have to admit, for a (milli)second I kinda regretted my Moto X Pure purchase ... then I looked at my sleek custom charcoal ash backed MXP and at the ugliness that is the Nexus 6P and all was right again :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have to admit, for a (milli)second I kinda regretted my Moto X Pure purchase ... then I looked at my sleek custom charcoal ash backed MXP and at the ugliness that is the Nexus 6P and all was right again :)
Personally, now that I'm using my fingerprint scanner on my Note 4 again, I'm glad it didn't work out for me to get the Moto X this time around. I'll wait for Christmas gifts of money and set aside what I can of my own while saving for everything else that comes with the Holidays, but I'll be getting the new Nexus for sure as long as some glaring issue doesn't come out. Having been fan of the Droid X, I don't mind the looks of it at all.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Today I had a real urge to buy the Nexus 5X as I really want to go back to a smaller device. But every time I psyche myself up some more news come out that just makes it not a good buy.

The Nexus 5X Lacks Electronic Image Stabilization, 240fps Slow-Motion Video, And SmartBurst Because The Snapdragon 808 Isn't Fast Enough

I know Google answered the cries from last year and it just seems like you are not going to make everyone happy, buy man I wish there was a 5X they sold that was basically the same phone but with a better processor, screen, more ram, and maybe even a slightly larger battery. Because this device would be risky n Google's end I would be willing to go the route where you order it and pay for it first for Google to make (ie moto maker....call it Nexus or Google maker) .

But this will give people more room to choose the option they want. That cheaper option may be perfect for someone on a budget or who already have a flagship but want a cheap nexus for play.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
How much slow mode video you shooting brother.. And keep them hands steady.. I'm sure it will be just fine..

S6E+ tapatalk